• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,892 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

I just got this from Blazing Bob's new batch of romance books. This one always caught my eye..... the gal smoking on the cover just always had that "shape of things to come" look to it...with women's liberation and what not just around the corner. I was surprised to notice that there was no GPA on this one, only to find that the reason is there are no slabbed copies yet. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

DSCN6906.JPG

Sweet 

10 minutes ago, shortboxed said:

New pick up. My 3rd copy. This book has exploded in price (why?) and I had to pay very strong for it. 

DSC03743-1.jpg

With some of these covers, there's just nothing else like it..... GOD BLESS....

5 minutes ago, pmpknface said:

Happy birthday L.B. Cole!!!

So much work and so many great covers from romance to sci-fi hard to pin one down as favorite :headbang:

2 hours ago, Microbia said:

This book, long-standing in my collection, just received some slabbage. Is it Mr Cole’s first cover? Overstreet suggests but doesn’t verify that. As a late newcomer to the boards, I didn’t have a chance to go through all 174 pages of this thread to see if it was settled before!

AF95A683-0220-4C1B-A16F-20CDECDCE7BB.jpeg

Awesome copy!!!  As far as I know it's his first comic cover.  I haven't found another one dated prior to this one.  He may have done other work but I think this is his first comic.  Well done!

10 hours ago, bounty_coder said:

WoW.  I didn't realize it was Mr. Cole's Birthday today. Happy Birthday Mr. Cole & Rest in Peace.

I knew this was destiny as the clock was ticking down...

Today, an auction on ComicLink ended for my absolute favorite L.B. Cole Book.  Blue Bolt #105 

This is my first ComicLink buy and by far will be the Grail in my Collection.  Pure Serendipity.  

That Incomplete missing NON-Story page does not bother me one bit ! I could cry right now.  :whistle:

:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

blue_bolt_105_92.thumb.jpg.be7f462b70517ee10ee79f1b25ca31e9.jpg

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Fantastic pickup!!!!

In other news, the 9.8 of this issue got $37,500!!!!!!!  :ohnoez:

3 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Which makes the above copy a relative steal!!! Congrats to Bounty! :applause:

:gossip: ...don't tell Mitch, but the 9.8 will be a 100K book in a few years. GOD BLESS....

11 hours ago, bounty_coder said:

WoW.  I didn't realize it was Mr. Cole's Birthday today. Happy Birthday Mr. Cole & Rest in Peace.

I knew this was destiny as the clock was ticking down...

Today, an auction on ComicLink ended for my absolute favorite L.B. Cole Book.  Blue Bolt #105 

This is my first ComicLink buy and by far will be the Grail in my Collection.  Pure Serendipity.  

That Incomplete missing NON-Story page does not bother me one bit ! I could cry right now.  :whistle:

(worship)(worship)(worship)

On 8/2/2018 at 5:44 PM, drbanner said:

Crazy price for the Heritage "mis-folded napkin" copy. The ComicLink copy might just set an all-time record for an LB Cole book, which I think is currently held by the 9.6 Spokane copy of Blue Bolt 115 ($16,730). (shrug)

Well, out with the old and in with the new...all the Blue Bolts did well, but the 9.8 105 now holds the all-time record sales price for an LB Cole book.

Speaking of all-time records for an LB Cole book, does anyone know the fate of the Church copies of Suspense Comics 4 and 8? All the other Suspense Comics Church issues have been certified by CGC or someone else (#3) in fairly high grades, but the highest graded copies of issues 4 and 8 are only 7.5's (and the 7.5 issue 4 is a Crippen).

<cue adamstrange to share scans>

Edited by drbanner

4 hours ago, pmpknface said:

Fantastic pickup!!!!

In other news, the 9.8 of this issue got $37,500!!!!!!!  :ohnoez:

I could not have gotten any luckier.  :wishluck:

Finding well presenting copies of this book are hitting the atmosphere :angel: and are distancing beyond what I can safely participate in.  :preach:

It was a blessing in disguise that a Qualified copy came up to allow me to live the dream of having arguably one of the nicest presenting copies at a fraction of what a Universal would cost. 

I'm on Cloud #9.