• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,892 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Point Five said:

I cracked open a CGC 3.0 with back cover flaws, and was delighted to find this pretty book inside.  :banana:

So Nice!  Still in my top 3. Looks great for 3.0 - more like a 5 or 6.  Who looks at the back anyway?.  How does it smell? :angel:

Edited by Black Bat

This Blue Bolt 119 is never seen I feel. At any moment I can find a sale for Coles great horror or sci fi classics but this? I have never seen a raw one.

Also I really wish this cover proof of Weird Jungle Tales happened. I would own it if it had been published.

Also, If you don’t own this and you love LB Cole you are missing out!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

#119 is a great cover. I was caught snoozing on that one. Still need a copy!

I've been chipping away at the #105-119 run in recent years. At this point I've got #105, 107, 108, 110, 112, 115 and 118... and #120, 121, 123, 124 if you add the Ghostly Weirds at the end. #114 and #122 are probably the biggest problem at this point, as not sure I can pony up what it takes for presentable copies.

11 minutes ago, Point Five said:

#119 is a great cover. I was caught snoozing on that one. Still need a copy!

I've been chipping away at the #105-119 run in recent years. At this point I've got #105, 107, 108, 110, 112, 115 and 118... and #120, 121, 123, 124 if you add the Ghostly Weirds at the end. #114 and #122 are probably the biggest problem at this point, as not sure I can pony up what it takes for presentable copies.

I hear ya! I just went for the BB Weird Tales mini run myself. 113 was the last I needed And my only graded copy! :banana:

B4224E12-7D80-4163-AEAE-850761700544.jpeg

6 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

I mean just wow. Don’t understand why that cover isn’t more talked about. Thanks for sharing and if that is your copy I am extremely jealous :)

YW.  I only post covers or interiors of my own books.  That one cost me 16 bucks awhile back.

9 minutes ago, fifties said:

YW.  I only post covers or interiors of my own books.  That one cost me 16 bucks awhile back.

Sigh...I would trade most of my scores to have a score like that.

For me, this was the issue that got me on the jungle train. I had one prior Cole issue (Outlaws 12) but saw this and I knew I had to get more. Most Cole stuff now seems beyond my range but I’ve been scooping up his Terrors of the Jungle stuff whenever I can. Maybe one day I’ll save up and try to persuade you to part with one of your Blue Bolts :) thanks for sharing em.

752B0CF2-A8FA-4BB1-BCD4-B53189B6CD27.jpeg

1 hour ago, comicginger1789 said:

Sigh...I would trade most of my scores to have a score like that.

For me, this was the issue that got me on the jungle train. I had one prior Cole issue (Outlaws 12) but saw this and I knew I had to get more. Most Cole stuff now seems beyond my range but I’ve been scooping up his Terrors of the Jungle stuff whenever I can. Maybe one day I’ll save up and try to persuade you to part with one of your Blue Bolts :) thanks for sharing em.

752B0CF2-A8FA-4BB1-BCD4-B53189B6CD27.jpeg

I had that issue but sold it, as it didn't any stories worth keeping.  Here's one that I did keep, along with a few others;

Terrors of the Jungle 20.jpg