• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Donofrio is very over the top, but that's the character.

I love D'onofrio.  His role in Full Metal Jacket made me a lifelong fan.  But that Wilson Fisk voice is annoying.  If sound like the sound are coming from his throat...not his mouth:facepalm:.

13 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I love D'onofrio.  His role in Full Metal Jacket made me a lifelong fan.  But that Wilson Fisk voice is annoying.  If sound like the sound are coming from his throat...not his mouth:facepalm:.

Same here.  I love the guy, but that voice he's using for Fisk is distractingly dumb.  Minor quibble in a great show though, I'm up through episode 7 now.

2 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Charlie Cox's voice it totally different as well, not to mention he does a great job of getting rid of his accent.

I've seen about seven eps now, and so far this is the best single season of any of the Netflix shows so far.  Hopefully it finishes strong.

For reference, DD season 1 and JJ season 1 are the next two best.  Iron Fist Season 1 is the worst.

I'm now up through episode 7.

I'm still hoping they eventually bring a costume back, but there's something about the mask that's bugging me big-time.  With the costume you could assume that the covered eye sockets were translucent or had some sort of one-way function where he could see out but you couldn't see in, but with the wrapped scarf there's no mistaking that this guy absolutely, positively cannot see through it.  And after episode 4 (rest in spoilers):

Spoiler

Nadeem knows that blind lawyer Matt Murdock somehow plowed through all those guys in the prison, but he doesn't tie the fact that the blind lawyer might be the same Daredevil who clearly can't see through the eye-covering scarf?  And that he's the same height, weight, and has the same chin and beard scruff as the Murdock in the prison videos?  When Matt went to his house in episode 6 the first thing I expected Nadeem to say was "wait, are you Matt Murdock?" but in episode 7 when he demonstrates he can hear sounds no human should be able to hear in describing to Nadeem what Bullseye was doing across the alley, Matt's secret identity was just screaming to be revealed.

Maybe something after episode 7 explores this?  (shrug)

a88066b8-00ff-42a7-9d6a-8906200f6e57-121

Edited by fantastic_four

I’m really enjoying this show. The portrayal of Murdock isn’t perfect. But I’m really enjoying it. Some of the scenes are just so well written and acted and the essence of Daredevil is there. I saw the speech last night with the priest in the bar about midway through the show and thought it was very well done.

I can’t wait to finish!

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:54 AM, fantastic_four said:

I'm now up through episode 7.

I'm still hoping they eventually bring a costume back, but there's something about the mask that's bugging me big-time.  With the costume you could assume that the covered eye sockets were translucent or had some sort of one-way function where he could see out but you couldn't see in, but with the wrapped scarf there's no mistaking that this guy absolutely, positively cannot see through it.  And after episode 4 (rest in spoilers):

Reveal hidden contents

Nadeem knows that blind lawyer Matt Murdock somehow plowed through all those guys in the prison, but he doesn't tie the fact that the blind lawyer might be the same Daredevil who clearly can't see through the eye-covering scarf?  And that he's the same height, weight, and has the same chin and beard scruff as the Murdock in the prison videos?  When Matt went to his house in episode 6 the first thing I expected Nadeem to say was "wait, are you Matt Murdock?" but in episode 7 when he demonstrates he can hear sounds no human should be able to hear in describing to Nadeem what Bullseye was doing across the alley, Matt's secret identity was just screaming to be revealed.

Maybe something after episode 7 explores this?  (shrug)

a88066b8-00ff-42a7-9d6a-8906200f6e57-121

Without getting into it heavily, I would say your question isn't really answered, other than Nadeem does not seem to have great instincts and has been under family and financial stress for a significant period of time, possibly (probably) causing him to be worse at his job, and have diminished skills.

I finished it.

I think I can now safely confirm that that this was the best season of Marvel Netflix so far.

My main critique would be that the Karen episode is a huge waste of time, although I think Woll has really shown some great acting this season.

If you were planning to watch Iron Fist 2, watch that first.  Then watch DD3.  Otherwise you won't be able to handle the quality difference.

Agreed with all here in that this is the best overall Marvel series yet.  Really riveting action, and although Bullseye started a bit weak, he progressed to the perfect iteration...better than Colin Farrell ;)

28 minutes ago, davidpg said:

Agreed with all here in that this is the best overall Marvel series yet.  Really riveting action, and although Bullseye started a bit weak, he progressed to the perfect iteration...better than Colin Farrell ;)

I think that's the biggest difference as to why Iron Fist didn't work, nobody save Colleen really developed into someone worth caring about (love or hate).  Although Mary Walker was pretty ok too this season.  But I never really cared about the siblings or the bad guy or the kids or the Chinese gangsters in IF2.  You just keep wondering why Colleen puts up with any of it.

But for Daredevil, I ended up invested in all of them, Foggy, Karen (took me a while), Kingpin, Nadeem, Bullseye, the nun, even Vanessa (although I'm not entirely sure they used her right), and Punisher in the previous seasons (less so Elektra and Stick, but Stick more than Electra), and Kingpin's Bff.  They laid the foundation properly in DD, and it worked.

On 11/9/2018 at 11:46 PM, Juno Beach said:

I gotta say that Bullseye was a magnificent villain and worked perfectly on TV. 

I agree he was great ...... but did it bother anyone else how it was never explained how he could throw things with such accuracy and force that everything was a weapon (like how he could throw a pencil into someone).  It didn't bother me a lot - but I still had questions as to why no one else questioned it??

9 hours ago, Chillax23 said:

I agree he was great ...... but did it bother anyone else how it was never explained how he could throw things with such accuracy and force that everything was a weapon (like how he could throw a pencil into someone).  It didn't bother me a lot - but I still had questions as to why no one else questioned it??

I actually like that they didn't. They just showed him as a kid wearing a hole in a brick wall by hitting the exact same spot over and over with a ball. So the audience knows there's something special going on. 

10 hours ago, Chillax23 said:

In daredevil 181 he kills someone with a playing card because, as he says “but me, I’m magic “

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:21 AM, fantastic_four said:

Same here.  I love the guy, but that voice he's using for Fisk is distractingly dumb.  Minor quibble in a great show though, I'm up through episode 7 now.

100% agree.  He sounds like Will Arnett doing a bad impression of Shatner's Captain Kirk. 

It was much more noticeable in season one.  They seemed to tone it down with each season, kinda like how Storm's accent diminished over each X-Men movie.

Wisecrack has done a pretty good analysis of season 3:

One thing that bugged me was Matt's refusal to kill Kingpin. He seemed to come to the conclusion that he needed to die but had a change of heart due to his code. I guess I just think the whole not killing code is immature and short-sighted. The Kingpin just seems like such an evil entity squatting amidst a tapestry of lies, murder, extortion and poison that the only logical conclusion is his death. But I get it. The code. The idea that everyone is redeemable. I just disagree with it in the case of something this exreme (ie Kingpin).

3 hours ago, bb8 said:

Wisecrack has done a pretty good analysis of season 3:

One thing that bugged me was Matt's refusal to kill Kingpin. He seemed to come to the conclusion that he needed to die but had a change of heart due to his code. I guess I just think the whole not killing code is immature and short-sighted. The Kingpin just seems like such an evil entity squatting amidst a tapestry of lies, murder, extortion and poison that the only logical conclusion is his death. But I get it. The code. The idea that everyone is redeemable. I just disagree with it in the case of something this exreme (ie Kingpin).

Of course this is one fictional character, but this type of question has been asked by every society since the beginning of time. 

I'm not too sure Matt is adverse to Kingpin dying, nor do I think he believes in the potential redemption of someone as evil.  I think (and I also think it got a bit muddy this season in terms of reasoning) is that Matt is ultimately having to have faith in the justice of the law, that it shouldn't be up to one man to be judge, jury, and executioner.  And because he (Matt) actually has the power to be ALL of those things (and the will), the weight of the argument and responsibility is even stronger.  I don't think he'd shed a tear if the State (or Federal Government) found Kingpin guilty in a court of law and executed him.  For Matt, its one thing to beat someone senseless until they turn themselves in for committing a crime, but ultimately another to completely lose faith in the justice system entirely, which is what killing Kingpin means, which would be especially important to Matt as a lawyer.

Kinda tired of the Fisk storyline. Please Netflix, move on from it. So many other wonderful villains. Also Netflix, I want to see Daredevil. Not Matt Murdock. It's like a Hulk movie with only puny Banner in it. Couldn't you just give Bullseye his own costume?