• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

Picked up Season Two on blu-ray today.

Once again, Netflix/Disney/Marvel inserted a four-disc set into a two-disc case. Meaning they combining discs on top of each other per side. There are also no special inserts or Digital HD certificate. But there is a cool Quesada cover, which is the season poster he released before it came out.

pIin3gL.jpg

Looks like Netflix-Disney are moving forward with Season 3.

:whee:

'Daredevil' Season 3 Begins Filming

Filming has begun for the third season of the Marvel Netflix series Daredevil.

Earlier this year a report indicated that the new season was slated to begin production on October 15th and finish on June 30th, and now, thanks to public notice signs shared to Twitter yesterday, we know that Daredevil is back to filming on the streets of New York.

As seen in the photos, two brightly-colored "no parking" signs have been posted indicating that a film will be shooting along those streets starting at 6 a.m. on Monday, November 13th and will continue to be in that area until Thursday, November 16th. The sign also indicates that the project shooting is "Ringside S3" and as Daredevil fans will recall, "Ringside" was also the working title for the show's second season.

PW49pPN.png

News of the series filming comes just a few days after Vincent D'Onofrio, who plays the Kingpin of crime Wilson Fisk in the series, took to his own Twitter account to share that the first reading for the show's third season was happening.

With the turnaround for Netflix shows being roughly 3-4 months, if Daredevil does shoot through the end of June 2018, fans are hopeful that Daredevil will hit the streaming service in the fall of next year especially given the events of The Defenders earlier this year.

Daredevil 1 and 2 were phenomenal.

No complaints and can't wait for season 3.

After the bomb that Jessica Jones was, I won't be watching the other Marvel movies. They're just cash grabs compared to this production perfect franchise.

‘Daredevil’ Season 3 Adds ‘Hart of Dixie’ Alum Wilson Bethel (EXCLUSIVE)

wilson-bethel-in-wp.jpg?w=1000&h=562&cro

Wilson Bethel has been cast in “Daredevil” Season 3 at Netflix in a series regular role, Variety has learned exclusively.

The exact character Bethel is playing is being kept under wraps. It is known, however, that he will portray an FBI agent who will play a critical role in the conflict between Matt Murdock and Wilson Fisk, better known as Daredevil and Kingpin respectively.

Bethel is best known for his role on the CW series “Hart of Dixie,” playing Wade Kinsella throughout the show’s run. He also played Ryder Callahan in the soap opera “The Young and the Restless” and Cpl. Evan “Q-Tip” Stafford in the HBO miniseries “Generation Kill.” Bethel has also appeared in shows like “How to Get Away with Murder,” “Harley and the Davidsons,” and “Bates Motel.”

A recent leaked character description for the upcoming season led to speculation that the villainous Sin-Eater, a.k.a. Stanley Carter, would be making his debut, and this report does seem to suggest that this is who Bethel might be playing. Then again, this FBI agent may not be an established Marvel Comics character at all.

Vincent D’Onofrio Says Kingpin Will "Blow Fans Away" In DAREDEVIL Season 3

156538.jpg

Vincent D'Onofrio's Wilson Fisk, aka Kingpin, is returning in Daredevil Season 3, and in a new interview with Collider the actor shed some light on his character's return.

When asked how his character and the -script for Season 3 compares to previous seasons of Daredevil, D'Onofrio said, "It’s hard to top the first season, with Steven DeKnight’s writing, but Erik Oleson [the new showrunner] is a very good writer. I’ve shot some pretty cool scenes, so far. It’s different, but it’s very Fisk. It’s still very emotional. The character is evolving. His whole deal is based on emotion, so we’re taking him down that role further."

Unfortunately, D'Onofrio couldn't talk too much about the new season and how prison has changed Kingpin, but he did tease "there are new focuses and new goals" for the character. "That’s all I can say," he reasoned. "If it was up to me, I would go on and on and on about it because it’s so interesting, but it’s so important to them, for us to keep our mouths shut."

Of course, he was able to slip in one last teaser that'll surely get fans of the show hyped for Season 3. "I can only say that we’re doing things that are just going to blow the fans away," D'Onofrio teased. "We’ve already shot some things that are just going to be neat for the fans. There’s some awesome things that are very much in the history of Fisk and Daredevil, that people have been waiting for. We’ve already put some of that stuff in the can, and there’s a lot more to do. I think they’re gonna be very happy."  

:whee:

:whatthe:

Netflix's 'Daredevil': The Kingpin Costume Concept Art Shows Iconic Look

james-holland-kingpin-concept-art-darede

The Kingpin will be making a big return in Daredevil season 3, and some new concept art shows what could be if the show adopts his comic style look.

Vincent D'Onofrio's take on the character has been just about perfect, and he certainly looks the part with his impeccable style, which includes a variety of tailored suits, vests, and ties. That happens to also be the look Wilson Fisk adopts in the comics, but there he's more prone to one particular color, and this concept art by James Holland shows how that could look onscreen.

Holland created two looks, the first of which shows Kingpin's all-white suit with black shirt and grey tie. This ensemble has shown up through the years on a variety of occasions and is pretty close to what he wears on the show, sans bright white jacket and pants of course.

'Daredevil' Season 3 Art Revealed

dardevil-season-three-1088494.jpeg

Marvel’s chief creative officer and iconic Daredevil comic book artist Joe Quesada has revealed some new artwork for the third season of Netflix’s gritty Marvel superhero show.

Erik Oleson takes over as the showrunner for Marvel’s Daredevil Season Three. Star Charlie Cox, Elden Henson, and Deborah Ann Woll each return in their respective roles as Matt Murdock, Foggy Nelson, and Karen Page. Vincent D’Onofrio will also return to the role of Wilson Fisk, the Kingpin who was the primary antagonist of the show’s first season. Wilson Bethel also joins the cast in an undisclosed role.

Marvel’s Daredevil Season Three is expected to be released in late 2018. Marvel’s Jessica Jones Season Two will be released on March 9th. Marvel’s Luke Cage Season Two is also expected to be released in 2018. Marvel’s Iron Fist Season Two and Marvel’s The Punisher Season Two are expected to follow in 2019.

‘Daredevil’: Wilson Bethel Reportedly Playing Bullseye in Season 3

daredevil-season-3-bullseye-wilson-bethe

Daredevil season 3 is shaping up to be the best installment of series yet, judging from all of the elements that seem to be coming together for it. Marvel fans were already thrilled to learn that Vincent D'Onofrio's Wilson Fisk / Kingpin will once again be a major focus of season 3 - so they'll probably go wild over the rumor that Daredevil season 3 will finally introduce Bullseye to the Marvel Cinematic Universe!

The rumor comes from an anonymous Reddit user named "defenders_throwaway", who MCU Exchange sites as a source for some big spoilers to leak for The Punisher and Defenders Netflix series. Here's what that user claims is happening in Daredevil season 3, regarding Bullseye:

"currently working on the first episodes of DD3. It starts really slow and introduces too many new characters. the plot could go either way, hard to say at this point. But they do a whole episode about Bullseye’s background and I think its cinematically the best episode out of all of Marvel shows so far. Kingpin gets all the files and tapes about Bullseye and he “walks” through bullseyes memories to look at his life. it is fantastic"

"DD3 is a bit slow and convoluted. It really picks up the pace in the middle and I think the end of the season might turn out great. Bullseye is legit scary. Nobody wears their costume from the comics. DD is more of the same, but again, anything involving Bullseye is a standout. They really nail the fact that he’s deadly from afar."

"can't speak to any deaths, but they are setting up a big fight in a church..."

That Hashtag Show has added another piece to this puzzle: Last fall, it was announced that actor Wilson Bethel (Heart of Dixie) had been cast in a "pivotal role" of Daredevil season 3. Bethel is playing an FBI agent, "who will play a critical role in the conflict between Matt Murdock and Wilson Fisk, better known as Daredevil and Kingpin respectively." Based on that character description, Marvel fans thought that they had figured out that Bethel would be playing comic book villain Sin-Eater. However, according to THS, Bethel is actually playing a character who will be revealed as none other than Bullseye! If that's true, then Marvel TV gets points for hiding this character reveal in plain sight, all along. Just check out the original casting description for Bethel's character:

"28-35, 5’9-6’1, Open ethnicity. An athletic but socially awkward FBI Agent, needs structure and rules to suppress the darkness inside himself. Athletic with medium build, responsible and resourceful, hair trigger temper. SERIES REGULAR"

Read back that "hair trigger temper" part again, in the context that we're talking about Bullseye.

We've all already had the Bullseye we all want, haven't we?  :insane:

While the Bullseye scar in his forehead was a ludicrously bad decision, I really love this scene.  Particularly the House of Pain song that accompanies it.  Colin Farrell also has the right amount of nervous intensity for the role.  Lotta good stuff in that Daredevil movie mixed in with the "WTF?" stuff.

Edited by fantastic_four

16 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

While the Bullseye scar in his forehead was a ludicrously bad decision, I really love this scene.  Particularly the House of Pain song that accompanies it.  Colin Farrell also has the right amount of nervous intensity for the role.  Lotta good stuff in that Daredevil movie mixed in with the "WTF?" stuff.

Joe Quesada was the one that talked the director into going with the Bullseye portrayal we experienced in the 2005 movie. I read in an article where they interviewed the director about it.

The guy he kills with the dart is someone famous in comics, I believe. I'm trying to remember who it is.

Cox appeared at the Comicpalooza convention this weekend where he answered fan questions at a panel and among those questions was one about who he thought was the better Daredevil, himself or Affleck. While it was a question that Cox has gotten a number of times, he revealed that he borrowed quite a bit from Affleck's take.

"Personally, I think... I'm just laughing because I get asked this a lot and sadly I'm going to say the same thing that I've said before," Cox said. "I happen to think Ben Affleck's performance as Daredevil is fantastic. I really like his Matt Murdock... I stole a lot of stuff."

However, while Cox did learn a lot from Affleck's performance that doesn't mean he's a fan of the film. One of the major complaints about 2003's Daredevil was that the film's tone didn't match well with the overall tone of the character's stories in comic books and that's something that Cox himself acknowledged.

"So, I think he does a really good job," Cox said. "I don't like the film. The original Daredevil film I don't think that worked particularly well and the reason I don't think it worked particularly well is that what we discovered with the show is that the tone of the character suits a slightly darker, more sinister feel. In my opinion the best Daredevil comics are the ones that are geared towards a slightly more mature audience and I think that what the show captures is that level of sinister, dark tone, I guess. But I like Ben Affleck's Matt Murdock."

Not the first time Charlie Cox has stated this. I actually like the Daredevil Director's Cut. Especially when they show the interaction between Matt Murdock and his father, leading to what influenced him to be so driven.

On 5/17/2018 at 8:55 AM, fantastic_four said:

Farrell was absolutely great.

On 5/27/2018 at 6:56 AM, Bosco685 said:

Not the first time Charlie Cox has stated this. I actually like the Daredevil Director's Cut. Especially when they show the interaction between Matt Murdock and his father, leading to what influenced him to be so driven.

I agree with him.  Affleck's performance isn't on the list of problems I have with that film.  Matt Murdock is a reserved character, and Affleck played it reserved.  Not sure what people were expecting.

5 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I agree with him.  Affleck's performance isn't on the list of problems I have with that film.  Matt Murdock is a reserved character, and Affleck played it reserved.  Not sure what people were expecting.

The directors cut of the movie is a much better film.

4 minutes ago, bane said:
10 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

The directors cut of the movie is a much better film.

I definitely prefer it, but it's not like it solves all of the film's problems.  It also doesn't really change Affleck's performance, they didn't leave his best work on the cutting floor or anything.

And I really like the film despite the bad parts.  I've probably seen it a dozen times and find it to be a really enjoyable re-watch.  The pacing is really great, and the soundtrack is absolutely fantastic.  It was on my personal top ten list of superhero films until the late aughts when Iron Man, Dark Knight, etc started to push it off.  The Marvel Universe films have pushed it down into the #20 to #30 range now, although I wouldn't put it on a top 30 list from an objective perspective, just a personal one.  Too many problems to rank it without taking my bias for the character into account.