• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

For anyone who is on the fence about binge watching Season 3, just do it. The -script writing is the best of the 3 seasons so far, at this point I would call it the best season yet, D'Onofrio is amazing and I think this is likely Joanne Whalley's best work of her career.

Considering the post counts on some other movie/comic threads on these boards, i'm utterly shocked by the relative quietness of this Daredevil thread.  I finished season 3 yesterday and was honestly blown away.  First and foremost, you have to give props to the writers.  It's absolutely remarkable the difference in quality between DD and every other Marvel Netflix show.  I mean, just imagine if Luke Cage and Iron Fist were even just 75% of the quality of DD.  I think a lot of it has to do with the series having such a broad range of complex characters.  You've got Matt who is very much lost and at conflict with himself.  Kingpin who will stop at nothing in the name of power and love.  Karen who is about as damaged as a person can be without tipping the mental scale into full blown psychotic.  And then lovable Foggy Bear.  Throw in the new characters with Bullseye and Nadeem who have such depth of their own.  So yeah, congrats to the writers on the successful development of so many characters and their own mini-arcs.  Secondly, if you're Marvel you have got to be counting your blessings that you landed Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio in the two titular roles of the series.  It's honestly hard to imagine anyone else playing Matt Murdoch at this point.  I genuinely enjoyed this season for its writing, fight choreography, acting, everything.

And to be honest, I'm even more excited now for Donny Cates Marvel Knights coming to the stands in November.  I have historically not read any of the ongoing series related to any of the Netflix characters.  Nor did I collect heavily from the Marvel Knights imprint.  But on the strength of Donny Cates name alone (love his Thanos and Venom series), combined with increase in interest for Daredevil after watching season 3, I am eagerly awaiting to see what story they tell in graphic form.

Edited by ExNihilo
grammar

7 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

i'm utterly shocked by the relative quietness of this Daredevil thread

It takes a while to get through these every-episode-at-once thirteen episode series that Netflix dumps on us.  I shouldn't even be reading this thread at all since someone may post a spoiler any moment now and I'm only through episode three, but I'm choosing to live dangerously.  :cool:  There are already a few posts with minor spoilers, none that are all that ruinous yet though.

2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

It takes a while to get through these every-episode-at-once thirteen episode series that Netflix dumps on us.  I shouldn't even be reading this thread at all since someone may post a spoiler any moment now and I'm only through episode three, but I'm choosing to live dangerously.  :cool:  There are already a few posts with minor spoilers, none that are all that ruinous yet though.

I am almost jealous that you are only on episode 3 knowing what is to come, you have some genuine jaw dropping moments ahead of you and believe me, the series continues to get better and build momentum as it goes forward.

1 minute ago, lpsunburst said:

I am almost jealous that you are only on episode 3 knowing what is to come, you have some genuine jaw dropping moments ahead of you and believe me, the series continues to get better and build momentum as it goes forward.

I watch all my shows on my phone now, but I prefer to watch Netflix originals at home because they usually do them all in 4K.  I have almost no free time at home--which is why I watch everything on the go on my phone--so it'll probably take me a few weeks to get through this.

It's good so far, glad to hear it only gets better.  :popcorn:

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

I watch all my shows on my phone now, but I prefer to watch Netflix originals at home because they usually do them all in 4K.  I have almost no free time at home--which is why I watch everything on the go on my phone--so it'll probably take me a few weeks to get through this.

It's good so far, glad to hear it only gets better.  :popcorn:

That's good that you reserve your Netflix viewing for a home TV (and not your phone).  Some of the fights occur under dark lighting which is only made worst by a small phone screen.

On 10/26/2018 at 12:35 AM, ExNihilo said:

Considering the post counts on some other movie/comic threads on these boards, i'm utterly shocked by the relative quietness of this Daredevil thread.  I finished season 3 yesterday and was honestly blown away.  First and foremost, you have to give props to the writers.  It's absolutely remarkable the difference in quality between DD and every other Marvel Netflix show.  I mean, just imagine if Luke Cage and Iron Fist were even just 75% of the quality of DD.  I think a lot of it has to do with the series having such a broad range of complex characters.  You've got Matt who is very much lost and at conflict with himself.  Kingpin who will stop at nothing in the name of power and love.  Karen who is about as damaged as a person can be without tipping the mental scale into full blown psychotic.  And then lovable Foggy Bear.  Throw in the new characters with Bullseye and Nadeem who have such depth of their own.  So yeah, congrats to the writers on the successful development of so many characters and their own mini-arcs.  Secondly, if you're Marvel you have got to be counting your blessings that you landed Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio in the two titular roles of the series.  It's honestly hard to imagine anyone else playing Matt Murdoch at this point.  I genuinely enjoyed this season for its writing, fight choreography, acting, everything.

And to be honest, I'm even more excited now for Donny Cates Marvel Knights coming to the stands in November.  I have historically not read any of the ongoing series related to any of the Netflix characters.  Nor did I collect heavily from the Marvel Knights imprint.  But on the strength of Donny Cates name alone (love his Thanos and Venom series), combined with increase in interest for Daredevil after watching season 3, I am eagerly awaiting to see what story they tell in graphic form.

It's by far the best of any of the Marvel Netflix shows so far and this season is better than the 1st 2.  I'm only up to chapter 9, but we're going to have to finish tomorrow.