• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-O Manowar/Harbinger Flipbook #1 Manufacturing Error + Sketch & Signed

11 posts in this topic

Manufacturing Error = Rare? or just damaged goods?

This is book is a unique one-of-a-kind error book with miss cuts, inverted and missing pages, affecting story.

Signed and sketch by Cary Nord and signed by Robert Vendetti.

It was graded as Signature Series CGG .5 due to the manufacturing error.

Even with the errors, I still love it though.

Anybody have these kind of manufacturer's errors?

14868.jpg

See more journals by roninduelist

Check this out

Non-error variant copy.

Other non-error variant copy.

I recalled that Walking Dead #35 has missing pages. This book was printed with the second to last page in the story printed twice with the end of the story missing. The result is "Error Variant" on the label with the normal grade upon the condition of the book. Even on Venom the Lethal Protector #1 has the black cover error that still gets the normal grade on the condition of the book.

I have no clue on why you get .5 on your book even it is not at your fault. I think you should contact CGC and point them out about other books with the manufacturing errors. Also there is the manufacturing error on X-O Manowar #0 Error Variant RRP -- Error with Ivory color and price on the cover.

Treat it as the rare book. I recommended you to take a good look at Recalled Comic Books website.

Good luck with CGC. I hope you will win the case and get the better grade!

Thanks for the support JollyComics. This book was purchased as you see it, with the .5 grade. I can see the case that can be made, maybe I should resubmit it for grading. I do own both the Walking Dead #35 Error Variant and the X-O Manowar #0 with the Ivory color price logo, with both in 9.8 grade.

I always thought and still believe printing flaws are unique and collectible attributes. They are rare gems and should be touted as such.

In my opinion, a ME should play no part in the condition of a comic. If the pages, cover, and staples are minty fresh on a comic but said comic happens to have obvious flaws by way of the printer, it still should be graded based on the materials on hand irrespective of the manufacturing defects. A blank page with missing artwork is still a comic page and therefore needs to be graded by a comic page standard with the obvious notation of missing artwork.

Your copy looks like it deserves a high grade consideration.

Thanks for sharing!

SW3D

I have a ME as well

Tick2variantfront.jpg

I have seen CGC'd copies of this in 9.6. I can't see why they would grade yours a .5?

Doesn't make sense if Walking Dead has missing pages as well and grades as it should...

I really want to read that book! lol

Seriously though....colours printed out of order? What kind of defect is that? Can't they call it a variant/error cover and give it a blue grade? (shrug)

Maybe CGC has something for hippies hm

I have a ME as well

Tick2variantfront.jpg

I have seen CGC'd copies of this in 9.6. I can't see why they would grade yours a .5?

Doesn't make sense if Walking Dead has missing pages as well and grades as it should...

So Tick was burnt out in flames? ;)

ME made Tick disappeared? I actually never saw this book before. What was wrong with this book?