• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sandman Movie!

324 posts in this topic

Since we're all showing what our stacks of Preacher and Sandman look like, here's mine in all it's glory!

rLprI0L.jpg

:sorry:

How much - for the rug?

That rug really ties the room together.

was going to say that. those floors are beautiful and that rug is great. wife would love it.

Where can I find the print run information on Sandman?

Try google (shrug)

Yea did that along with checking some sites that are pretty good about print runs. Had no luck

Diamond is the source of all sales data. Sites like comichron are just archiving the sales data, and converting it from Diamond's index numbers to estimates of the number of actual issues.

Prior to the 90s bankrupting, when many different companies were distributing, print run data has to be synthesized from multiple sources. You wont find the sales charts you are looking for on sandman, because the book predates the kind of publicly available records they are made from.

Google was stated sarcastically, but is actually accurate. To find a print run estimate on, you'll be looking for anecdotal opinions in sentence form, not sales charts on a print run tracking site.

Not sure about sales numbers, but I did find this from a 2008 article about the book's 20th anniversary.

"When I saw the sales figures on Sandman #1, I thought there was no way this book was going to make it. Remember, that was 20 years ago when there were far more comics shops around; today, those numbers don't look as bad. Anyway, I was intrigued by the effort, and I hoped we'd get at least a year or two out of it.Damn, I'm glad it quickly found its audience. When it comes to the good stuff, word-of-mouth really helps. Congrats to Neil, Karen and everybody involved all these years." - Mike Gold

source: ComicMix

In regards to graded copies, CGC census data says that there are currently 858 CGC graded copies of #1. 230 9.8s and 306 9.6

Not sure about sales numbers, but I did find this from a 2008 article about the book's 20th anniversary.

"When I saw the sales figures on Sandman #1, I thought there was no way this book was going to make it. Remember, that was 20 years ago when there were far more comics shops around; today, those numbers don't look as bad. Anyway, I was intrigued by the effort, and I hoped we'd get at least a year or two out of it.Damn, I'm glad it quickly found its audience. When it comes to the good stuff, word-of-mouth really helps. Congrats to Neil, Karen and everybody involved all these years." - Mike Gold

source: ComicMix

In regards to graded copies, CGC census data says that there are currently 858 CGC graded copies of #1. 230 9.8s and 306 9.6

nice, that's the kind of stuff I was referring to, someone find mike gold and ask him to share what he knows :)

My question is how many of the SS 9.8 books have NG signatures. I've seen quite a few SK sigs.

Also, I wonder how many have been sketched or remarked?

No idea on that, but...

There have been 11 unique sales of SS 9.8 #1s with NG Signatures

There have been 3 unique sales of SS 9.8 #1s with NG Remarked

Total unique sales of NG SS #1 9.8s = 14

If this information offends anyone and you want it removed, let me know.

My question is how many of the SS 9.8 books have NG signatures. I've seen quite a few SK sigs.

No idea on that, but...

There have been 11 unique sales of SS 9.8 #1s with NG Signatures

There have been 3 unique sales of SS 9.8 #1s with NG Remarked

Total unique sales of NG SS #1 9.8s = 14

If this information offends anyone and you want it removed, let me know.

I just checked out GPA. I see the Gaiman remarked books, but there is no mention of a Kieth sketch (Probably because everyone that has them is keeping them in their PC)

Where can I find the print run information on Sandman?

Try google (shrug)

Yea did that along with checking some sites that are pretty good about print runs. Had no luck

Diamond is the source of all sales data.

This is not true.

You wont find the sales charts you are looking for on sandman, because the book predates the kind of publicly available records they are made from.

This is also not true.

This might help to give some context to any sales data that is found.

"January 1989's top seller at Capital City was Uncanny X-Men #244... Capital City sold 71,200 copies of the issue, and archival sources available to The Comics Chronicles confirm the actual sales at 432,400 copies across all channels."

Source: Comichron

Sandman #1 was released in January 1989.

I have a 5 and an 8 in 9.8 signed by Gaiman. Michael has more Gaiman sigs than every other Sandman nut combined. (worship)

Diamond is the source of all sales data.

This is not true.

I was refering to the sales charting websites, and yes it is.

You wont find the sales charts you are looking for on sandman, because the book predates the kind of publicly available records they are made from.

This is also not true.

true until proven not true, link a website showing the sales charts from 1989.

lol

explaining his error in understanding is a waste of time, "picture or it didnt happen" covers it just fine.

no time for word games and semantic debates, he can back up his proclamations or move on