• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Join in the Holiday spirit, let’s help a little boy keep his sight!

505 posts in this topic

Many of you know Ze-man ( Kenny) , he’s been around here for a long time.

Kenny has long been a vocal and thoughtful member of this community. He’s also always been there when someone could use a helping hand.

I’m sure some of you have seen the fantastic restoration work he’s accomplished, saving old comics from a fate worse than the trash bin. He’s a true artist.

He’s also a wonderful father with two great kids, Ellen (the forum princess) and 5 year old Trevor, his young son.

I learned a few days ago that Trevor has Coats disease. Coats is a very rare disease that affects very young boys usually from the ages of 6 to 8, If not treated, it results in blindness and sometimes even the loss of the eye.

Trevor is only 5 years old and he needs surgery

I know we all have our problems, but Kenny has had more than his share of family issues lately and his resources have been drained. He does have medical insurance, however he is going to have to pay 2 deductibles one now, and one in January. These deductibles are substantial and more than he can cope with right now.

He has not asked for help, but I spoke with him and offered…and he said he felt awkward, but could use our help.

So here we are. The season of giving. Let’s try and help him cover the deductibles.

If you want to make a cash donation, I have the Paypal address just pm me and I’ll answer asap.

I also have suggestions if anyone wants to send something to Trevor and Ellen.

I know that Kenny feels awkward about my doing this. I really had to convince him that he should understand that this is just his extended family helping out.

If you want to donate books, or other items, this is how it works.

Kindly post your item with a picture, a description and a price in the thread.

We ask people to try to cover all shipping, but I know money is tight during the holiday season so if you can’t pay for shipping, or can only pay for shipping in the US, or wherever you are, just say so. Please post a shipping price that the buyer would need to pay to buy your item.

If you don’t know how to post a picture, or want to be anonymous, just PM me, and I’ll post it for you.

Once someone takes your item, PLEASE mark it sold. I can’t mark them sold if you post them and it gets confusing if they look like they are still for sale.

I will send the buyer and the donator a PM, you do not need to send one. Once payment is made and verified, I will let you know.

LarryW7 and thirdgreenham (Andy) will be helping with updates.

And thanks everyone !

SOLD Scrooge has asked me to post this for him, he's on his way to France. If the books are picked up, they will be mailed when he gets home in 3 weeks. Shipping in the US is included. These are hardcovers.

A set of Checker Flash Gordon with the complete Flash Gordon by Raymond in 7 volumes: Price is $100 shipped in the US.

Volume 1 (Jun 2004) collects Raymond's earliest Sunday Strips starting from the first, printed on January 7, 1934.

Volume 2 (Aug 2004) collects strips from 1935 and 1936.

Volume 3 (Mar 2005) collects the pages printed between October 25, 1936 and August 1, 1937.

Volume 4 (Oct 2005) collects strips printed between 1938 and 1940.

Volume 5 (Nov 2005) collects "The Ice Kingdom of Mongo", "Power Men of Mongo", and "The Fall of Ming"; 1940 to 1941.

Volume 6 (Dec 2006) collects the pages printed from August 1941 to May 1943.

Volume 7 (Jan 2007) collects the final strips from mid-1943, until the final Raymond issue from February 1945.

612047.jpg

flashGordon4.jpeg

flashgordon2_1cvr.jpg "

:news: SOLD!! :news:

Okay, I'm in. :)

Here's a batch of nice SA Flash comics, a few of them quite early in the run: 120, 121, 124, 130, 160, 175, 200, and Annual 1. They're mid-gradish...some previously graded by PGX. I had a few PGM threads for the PGX ones quite a while ago, after cracking them out, and people generally agreed with the 5.0 - 5.5 grades.

The price is up to you...just indicate what you're gonna pay in your :takeit: post Let's say $225 for the lot, all to Kenny & The Fam, shipped in the US. If you're outside of The States and you want these, you can have them, but it may be a little while before I can ship.

0kqp.jpg

erib.jpg

6zku.jpg

lj8h.jpg

6r4e.jpg

ejbx.jpg

4b7c.jpg

kvc9.jpg

Scrooge has asked me to post this for him, he's on his way to France. If the books are picked up, they will be mailed when he gets home in 3 weeks. Shipping in the US is included. These are hardcovers.

A set of Checker Flash Gordon with the complete Flash Gordon by Raymond in 7 volumes:

Volume 1 (Jun 2004) collects Raymond's earliest Sunday Strips starting from the first, printed on January 7, 1934.

Volume 3 (Mar 2005) collects the pages printed between October 25, 1936 and August 1, 1937.

Volume 5 (Nov 2005) collects "The Ice Kingdom of Mongo", "Power Men of Mongo", and "The Fall of Ming"; 1940 to 1941.

Volume 7 (Jan 2007) collects the final strips from mid-1943, until the final Raymond issue from February 1945.

Is there a price here?

Scrooge has asked me to post this for him, he's on his way to France. If the books are picked up, they will be mailed when he gets home in 3 weeks. Shipping in the US is included. These are hardcovers.

A set of Checker Flash Gordon with the complete Flash Gordon by Raymond in 7 volumes:

Is there a price here?

See above:

On my way to the airport. The lot price is $100 shipped in the U.S. Thanks Sharon!