• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC v. PGX?

55 posts in this topic

A buddy of mine was showing me... Well showing off his PGX 9.8 Amazing Spider-Man #700 1:200 Steve Ditko variant. I own a copy of this same comic slabbed 9.4 by CGC. Side by side mine wasn't just the cleaner copy it was the clear cut choice. If I had to pick between the two not knowing the CGC 9.4 from the PGX 9.8. I'd take the 9.4 every time. The PGX 9.8 had visible cracks in the upper and bottom corners of the book also some light breaking on the spine. I was horrified this book had received that hi of a grade... This could be an isolated incident. FWIW I'll never spend my money on a PGX comic.

A buddy of mine was showing me... Well showing off his PGX 9.8 Amazing Spider-Man #700 1:200 Steve Ditko variant. I own a copy of this same comic slabbed 9.4 by CGC. Side by side mine wasn't just the cleaner copy it was the clear cut choice. If I had to pick between the two not knowing the CGC 9.4 from the PGX 9.8. I'd take the 9.4 every time. The PGX 9.8 had visible cracks in the upper and bottom corners of the book also some light breaking on the spine. I was horrified this book had received that hi of a grade... This could be an isolated incident. FWIW I'll never spend my money on a PGX comic.

Isolated? If you only knew. lol

PGX:

we offer you plenty of reasons to have your books graded by us.

Consistent, accurate grading of your comic books. Full restoration checks. Excellent customer service and faster turn-around times. Sounds good right?

The cost of PGX services are extremely reasonable. Beats the competition.

PGX designed and uses the best, top-quality comic book Holder in the business today.

No limits on the Fair Market Value of your books. We do not charge you based on the value of your books.

There IS another comic book grading company (CGC) that does an excellent job professionally grading comic books. However, we think a side-by-side comparison will convince you PGX is the obvious choice!

PGX:

Consistent, accurate grading of your comic books. Full restoration checks. Excellent customer service and faster turn-around times. Sounds good right?

PGX designed and uses the best, top-quality comic book Holder in the business today.

No limits on the Fair Market Value of your books. We do not charge you based on the value of your books.

There IS another comic book grading company (CGC) that does an excellent job professionally grading comic books. However, we think a side-by-side comparison will convince you PGX is the obvious choice!

:roflmao::o:roflmao: Would this be considered masking? lol

PGX:

lol Well done, Steve! (worship)

PGX:

:roflmao::o:roflmao: Would this be considered masking? lol

I don't thin so...

PGX:

The cost of PGX services are extremely reasonable. Kills the competition.

FTFY