• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Mystery of Oak Island Jan5th History Channel (Premise for the Vault)

38 posts in this topic

That article is unintentionally funny to me.

What I got out of it was "The legend says 7 will die before the incredible treasure is discovered. Six have already died COOL is one of these guys gonna die and THEN they find a treasure..

it's like "Tune in folks someone could DIE"

The story of Oak Island has fascinated me since Nimoy took me "In Search Of" back in the 70s.

I have no idea if anything is down there but with modern technology, we should be able to find out right?

For a few weeks I have been wondering if there is any treasure to be found on Oak Island. What if the lights on the island, that were spotted by the youths back in 1795, meant that the treasure was being dug up instead of buried.

The latest episode has descendants of the McGinnis family (the 3 youths from 1795) show up for a visit. They mentioned that 3 boxes of treasure were found and split by the 3 youths back in 1795. They had an artifact to lend credence to their story. This then raises the following conundrum. Is the latest effort a continuation of 220 years of searching for treasure in vain, since treasure was found but not reported. hm