• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

World of Witchblade and Darkness Part 3: Total Darkness!

3 posts in this topic

Yep, more of the same... Darkness early issues: 1 through 3, all yellow labels featuring Marc Silvestri and Matt "Batt" Banning signatures. I was fortunate to acquire the signatures at NYComicCon this past October.

The first slab features the Variant black cover of Darkness #1 (1st Appearance of Jackie Estacado as the Darkness) graded 9.6. That one features a striking Marc Silvestri signature written vertically and parallel to Estacado's darkness enshrouded countenance.

The second slab is the standard blue cover of Darkness #1, and also a 9.6.

Slabs three and four are issues #2 and #3 respectively. I'm actually quite surprised issue #3 came back graded a 9.8... that was a very pleasant surprise!

All four copies where purchased raw from Lone Star/MyComicShop.com.

Gotta love yellow labels!

SW3D

14891.png

See more journals by screenwriter3d

All signatures.....impressive! I buy from mycomicshop.com too. Their raw books are hit or miss. I bought a G.I. Joe #46, advertised as near mint/mint, and it was barely very fine. I also bought two X-O Manowar #11 Bart Sears Variant.....and they were perfect, sent to CGC, and came back graded 9.8 for both.

Congrats on that 9.8!

Same experience here... I've had a range of 9.0 to 9.8's come back, but I really can't complain since LS/MCS have never advertised the condition of comics in CGC terms unless they were selling a slabbed book. In my experience, they have been very honest, upfront, reliable, and so very easy to deal with.

I've given up on other dealers on the internet, but am supremely loyal to them. They and Midtown Comics are my trolling points for raws and occasional slabs.

Thanks for reading!

SW3D