• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peanuts in the GA
4 4

127 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Arkadin said:

Wloverine180’s avatar rang a bell, as I just picked up that 1953 Sunday strip recently.

7A0195CD-680B-4C91-B057-3EA10BB96C76.thumb.jpeg.b30dd8e1e28dd04f34b46d74040db06a.jpeg

And since I’m posting, here’s my favorite Sunday from that year, with a really beautiful logo panel:

9DA1EF85-1ADE-4E3C-A263-27A18C669471.thumb.jpeg.e7300ac408998d223b4826a02b9ff1ba.jpeg

That is awesome and good eye on my avatar. I love reading these. These little snippets bring such joy.  The old school look has always been my favorite. Thanks for sharing

2 hours ago, october said:

Given that raw sale on eBay, I kind of doubt it. I am sure it will go well beyond what I want to pay. 

I still remember 143ksk showing me a raw copy or two he picked up at WWC for under $50, back when this book was WAY below the radar. 

Used to find those in cheapie bins every year or two in Chicago...

On 6/18/2018 at 3:00 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:
On 6/18/2018 at 2:55 PM, wolverine180 said:

I can imagine.  It seems like the tip top comes up the least out of the 3. Even though the peanuts 1 shot is listed as scarce. I have seen more examples for sale the the other 2.  Whats your opinion? 

I think the Tip Top is the toughest of the three. I think there are probably copies of it sitting in old comic shop boxes for $5 or at flea markets though. Really, the same could be said of United 21. 

When a 1.0 sells for over $1300 and it is the single example on GPA you have a pretty uncommon book.

Would not surprise me at all. In fact, I found both of my copies of the United Features Peanuts one shot at a small con near me. People online tend to know about the significance of these books but in the wild I think they still tend to fly under the radar a bit.

3 hours ago, pinball said:

Somebody got the deal of the year on Ebay. Congrats to that lucky person!!  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TIP-TOP-173-1-Page-Of-Peanuts-10-Tarzan-G-VG-St-John-1952-Vintage-Comic/283349284121?hash=item41f8eef519:g:POEAAOSwZNtcR4If

Tip Top 173 G/VG for $51.99

^^ wish it was me. Wow 

This here is one of the rarest of the rare - but it's in a bit of a limbo land between the comic books and paperbacks and there is very little info out there about the true first printing. It was reprinted dozens of times with various changes in cover details but you don't see the first correctly identified.

Image (335).jpg

On 6/18/2018 at 1:42 PM, october said:

Given that raw sale on eBay, I kind of doubt it. I am sure it will go well beyond what I want to pay. 

I still remember 143ksk showing me a raw copy or two he picked up at WWC for under $50, back when this book was WAY below the radar. 

Guess who he bought it from...