• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peanuts in the GA
4 4

127 posts in this topic

On 2/19/2020 at 4:17 PM, BanjerD said:

After Surfing Alien mentioned this book about a year ago, I have been casually searching for a true first edition copy.  I finally lucked into one!  Anyone have an idea on the value of this?

IMG_0185.jpeg

IMG_0183.jpeg

There's a copy on ebay for $650 for what that's worth...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174067746920

It's certainly rare and much rarer than it seems. It went through at least 31 printings so you see what look to be copies fairly often but they are not this first print with the hand stamped price and the Rinehart colophon on the copyright page.

Also sellers mislabel the second printing as the first because it has no printing listing on the copyright page but the second print does not have the Rinehart colophon and it has a machine printed price on the cover.

On 11/5/2021 at 12:57 PM, Readcomix said:

I don't think I ever posted mine in this thread. 

IMG_E0960.JPG

Every time I look at that cover, all I can think about is that from the positioning, that swing is going to clock him in the head!