• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peanuts in the GA
4 4

127 posts in this topic

A couple months ago I stumbled across this copy at a local comic show. I was flabbergasted to say the least.

peanuts1_zps5eb6b23b.jpg

peanuts2_zps7290233f.jpg

Is this book strip reprints as implied by the blurb in the upper right corner? If so, colour or B & W? Sundays or dailies?

Tx

being a relatively younger guy (33) this is what i love about golden age books, real americana and such a great conveyance of family (if that makes any sense)

Makes a lot of sense to me. (thumbs u

A couple months ago I stumbled across this copy at a local comic show. I was flabbergasted to say the least.

peanuts1_zps5eb6b23b.jpg

peanuts2_zps7290233f.jpg

Is this book strip reprints as implied by the blurb in the upper right corner? If so, colour or B & W? Sundays or dailies?

Tx

Beautiful book! :applause:

Fantastic to see that there are copies of that first Peanuts book out in the wild. :applause:

While I'm here, I bought a coverless copy recently (thanks Steve) and I want to get a repro cover made up. I can get the front and back covers from the Heritage database, but does anyone have a copy they'd be willing to scan the insides of? Even photos would be OK if they are flat, and I can maybe photoshop from there? I know it's a big ask, but it would be much appreciated.

being a relatively younger guy (33) this is what i love about golden age books, real americana and such a great conveyance of family (if that makes any sense)

Makes a lot of sense to me. (thumbs u

Yep! (thumbs u

Tx

Early Peanuts are very cool and seems under appreciated in comic books.

There are 42 daily reprints in color. This book was not a strictly Peanuts comic - it contains other UFS strips; Willie, Ferdnand, Strange As It Seems.

My favorite mini run in all of comics :cloud9:

So, I thought I'd share :)

Peanuts Comics on Parade One Shot

Scan-131220-0027_zps1b0ee4fe.jpg

Moar covers please! Trevor loves looking at Peanut books.

He even had the common sense to tell me you aren't supposed to play baseball inside! "That's an outside game Daddy"

Just saw this thread. Wonderful books. :cloud9:

Always loved Snoopy. I had an awesome snoopy pillow case when I was young. Was sad to get rid of it because it got covered in blood from chronic nose bleeds.

:shy:

Well here is a really nice one to add. Would love to add the Tip Tops someday.

PeanutsHG_zps9a081c62.jpg

Always loved Snoopy. I had an awesome snoopy pillow case when I was young. Was sad to get rid of it because it got covered in blood from chronic nose bleeds.

:applause:

There's no denying the charm of those primitive Peanuts.

Here's a couple of 1952 Sundays from my collection (ie. the budget way of collecting early Peanuts!).

003.jpg

001-2.jpg

Here's a couple of 1952 Sundays from my collection (ie. the budget way of collecting early Peanuts!).

003.jpg

001-2.jpg

Fun! Both pages are in very nice condition as well.

I had the snoopy sheets, snoopy doghouse toothbrush holder, and a woodstock on a dog bowl soap dish. From there I graduated to star wars sheets.

003.jpg

001-2.jpg

Fun! Both pages are in very nice condition as well.

This post will run up the cost of Sunday comic editions. :idea: