• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peanuts in the GA
4 4

127 posts in this topic

Well, I wasn't going to add my 10c as what I have ain't GA :cry:

However, since BB-Gun has established the precedent, here goes.

I like "Peanuts" and have a lot of bits and pieces. Couple of Dells - here's one:

Peanuts5757x1050.jpg

Now, back in 2000 I was in Newport RI and picked this up from an "animation" type store. It's an uncut sheet of cards featuring Peanuts and a photo of Schulz, 33 in the set (repeated three times on the sheet), but I am clueless as to their original purpose.

Had it framed when I got home and now it sits in my "animation poster" room :whistle:

Anyone got any ideas or further info?

Peanuts1.jpg

Here's a closer look:

Peanuts2.jpg

Check this out.

This auction ended on 11/17. Sold for $430

The person who bought it, took the sticker off, causing more damage and then re-sold it again on ebay for less

Looks like steaming off the sticker, as mentioned in the first auction, was not the best idea :(

Anyone got any ideas or further info?

Here's a closer look:

Peanuts2.jpg

It was a peanuts trading card. The problem was that you got a tiny booster box and the tiny box had the set of 33 cards. On top of it there was supposed to be a randomly inserted Charles Schulz autograph in a booster. I got my sister 3 boosters thinking we would need to try to collect the set, nope, instead got 3 sets.

If we're doing a role call, here's one I've got.

Picked this up off of ebay early last year. It was "raw" and had a buy-it-now on it. I saw the listing about 10 minutes after it was posted. I wanted to hit the buy-it-now button immediately, but I had to read the whole description and look at all the photos first. I thought my heart was going to explode while I did that! The comic wasn't cheap, but was very reasonable.

I sent it in to CGC hoping for a 7.0 and dreading a 5.0. Came back a 6.0! I was pleased. It's definitely my favorite comic in my entire collection. The full-cover Peanuts Tip-Tops are a close second. I have a 185 and a 188. DESPERATELY need a 186 and 187. I have some good silver age stuff to trade for either of those. :cool:

peanuts1_zps4xmvsx40.jpg

I got this one "raw" off of ebay as well last year. Again, buy-it-now, pretty expensive, listed by a big dealer as "VF". Certainly looked vf at first blush. When I got it I noticed a half-dollar-sized wrinkle on the front cover caused by water from a small glass, I'm guessing. The dealer said "tough", but I was so happy to have a copy that I kept it. I didn't notice the couple of blemishes on the back cover until later. Sent it in and it came back a very disappointing 4.0. The eye-appeal on this comic probably makes it the nicest presenting 4.0 Tip Top 185 out there. The water wrinkle is tough to see. I'm still happy I got it.

002_zpsoahsqci9.jpg

003_zpsrpmqblyb.jpg

004_zpsm6nascam.jpg

006_zpsqnuk5v2a.jpg

Just got this one yesterday.

Should be a solid 4.0 - 5.0.

Quite happy to have it!

Who would have thought these Tip Top's would be so dang hard to find! Seriously, over the 27 years I've been collecting things, hunting these Tip Tops has by far been the most challenging! Who'd a thunk it?

007_zpsujyw6gkv.jpg

008_zpsxdvpst3o.jpg

009_zps0nepcdhz.jpg

I wanted to hit the buy-it-now button immediately, but I had to read the whole description and look at all the photos first. I thought my heart was going to explode while I did that!

I know that feeling well.

Great copy!

Just got this one yesterday.

Should be a solid 4.0 - 5.0.

Quite happy to have it!

Who would have thought these Tip Top's would be so dang hard to find! Seriously, over the 27 years I've been collecting things, hunting these Tip Tops has by far been the most challenging! Who'd a thunk it?

Anyone who has been looking for them in nice shape at an affordable price! lol

Nice books you have there. (thumbs u