• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB- YTLM #1 art.

86 posts in this topic

I'm happy with what I have, but I wish I had gotten all the covers and pages (incl. #1 pages) that I had a shot at just a few short years ago. The #1 pages are out there...I don't believe Pia or Jose have any more. Best of luck to you in your search!

I'm happy with what I have, but I wish I had gotten all the covers and pages (incl. #1 pages) that I had a shot at just a few short years ago. The #1 pages are out there...I don't believe Pia or Jose have any more. Best of luck to you in your search!

or at the very least told me about it :tonofbricks:

As far as I know (knew), Pia still has a decent chunk of her pages from issue 1. I could be completely wrong, though, as you tend to know a lot more about what's going on than I do, Felix.

I wish I'd gotten a few things I passed up on, as well (at the very least, hopefully I have a few that you'd passed up!). It's getting harder and harder to feed my obsessions.

Good luck in finding a page, NYC!

As far as I know (knew), Pia still has a decent chunk of her pages from issue 1. I could be completely wrong, though, as you tend to know a lot more about what's going on than I do, Felix.

I'll preface this with a reminder that my memory isn't always 100% reliable! But this is all to the best of my recollection and why I don't think Pia has #1 pages:

I saw Pia at WonderCon in 2007. She had a PILE of YTLM art with her. She said that it was the most YTLM art she'd ever made available for sale at a convention. I asked her about a specific page from #1. She laughed and said that the vast majority of those early pages were long gone. In fact, she had none of the lettered pages (from issues #1-12) in her stack. I ended up getting nothing because I figured, with that much art left in her possession, that I'd have plenty of time to pick later ( doh! ).

Also, when Pia (through her sister) auctioned page 9 from #1 (the one you have now) on eBay in 2008, I'm pretty sure the description stated that it was the last page from #1 that Pia had.

If I'm mistaken and she does have more pages from #1...she could do very, very well with them now. Cadence is selling her art. Might be worth floating an offer through Paolo and see what happens.

I wish I'd gotten a few things I passed up on, as well (at the very least, hopefully I have a few that you'd passed up!). It's getting harder and harder to feed my obsessions.

You definitely have pages I wish I had grabbed! Before you entered the scene, the Y market was fairly subdued. Then it seemed like overnight, everything was gone. Perhaps it wasn't that dramatic, but you were to Y what Mister-Not-So-Nice was to PREACHER before you and what James J and the Nowell Bros are to WALKING DEAD now. Only you and MNSN were smart/lucky enough to get in relatively early (although the comparison isn't exact as MNSN built his collection over years).

Always fascinating to see formerly undervalued properties blow up. We've seen it with PREACHER and WD and we're starting to see it with YTLM now.

You definitely have pages I wish I had grabbed! Before you entered the scene, the Y market was fairly subdued. Then it seemed like overnight, everything was gone. Perhaps it wasn't that dramatic, but you were to Y what Mister-Not-So-Nice was to PREACHER before you and what James J and the Nowell Bros are to WALKING DEAD now. Only you and MNSN were smart/lucky enough to get in relatively early (although the comparison isn't exact as MNSN built his collection over years).

Always fascinating to see formerly undervalued properties blow up. We've seen it with PREACHER and WD and we're starting to see it with YTLM now.

I'm (probably blissfully) completely ignorant of the market on TWD art, but any time someone wants to compare my collection to MNSN in ANY way, I'll take it as a tremendous compliment, so thanks for that!

I do feel pretty lucky that I got into Y art when I did. I actually liked Fables quite a bit more at the time, but Fables art was substantially more expensive, so I decided to devote most of my budget to Y. I'd say it was a pretty good choice, though it's pretty frustrating now when I want to buy new Y art and the prices are so much higher than I'd "expect" them to be. I suppose I've become an old fogey, reminiscing on the way things used to be.

As far as pages from issue 1 "in the wild", in the 6 or so years I've been collecting Y art, I've seen 5 pages from issue 1 (out of 32, I think?). Of those, I own 4 and you own the fifth. If the other 27 exist (and I'm pretty certain a chunk of Jose's do, at the very least), they've stayed well under the radar.

According to how this sentence is written on Jose's website I am prone to believe he has pages from #1.

Original art from Y: THE LAST MAN coming soon! Art from issues 1- 12, and issues 55 – 60, is not, and will not be available.

I know after speaking with him at Megacon last year that there are pieces he and his wife have agreed will be held for their children's future.

(including the last page from #27 that he had on hand, but put away during our discussion)