• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB- YTLM #1 art.

86 posts in this topic

I know there is a cool factor and probably a price premium now and in the future on pages from issue #1 (goes for other series as well) but just flipping through #1 again, I see only a handful of really desirable pages.

I think there are much better and more significant pages to have as an example from the series (a little) later on. Additionally I think Pia's art on the series evolved somewhat and I would personally enjoy some other pages more from a little later in the series. I think art from the first couple (few?) trades are more desirable because they have the word balloons.

Just my own .02 as a fan of the series! I am very happy with my cover from very late in the series as my example. There is only one other piece of art from the series I'm dying to get my hands on but the current owner has never been willing to entertain offers, as I know he doesn't need the $$$.

Oh, come on. What piece are you dying to get? Feel free to PM me but if the seller ain't selling then......

Whatever page it is, it must not be one of mine, because I always need the $$$. I'd also be interested in knowing. It's been years since Jon has sold me any art, so once he gets it I'm sure he'll be more than happy to flip it to me.

If I know Jon's taste in art, I'd be willing to place a bet I know which page it is.

It's probably the same page I've asked the current owner about a few times myself.

It's freakin sweet :cloud9:

I know there is a cool factor and probably a price premium now and in the future on pages from issue #1 (goes for other series as well) but just flipping through #1 again, I see only a handful of really desirable pages.

I think there are much better and more significant pages to have as an example from the series (a little) later on. Additionally I think Pia's art on the series evolved somewhat and I would personally enjoy some other pages more from a little later in the series. I think art from the first couple (few?) trades are more desirable because they have the word balloons.

Just my own .02 as a fan of the series! I am very happy with my cover from very late in the series as my example. There is only one other piece of art from the series I'm dying to get my hands on but the current owner has never been willing to entertain offers, as I know he doesn't need the $$$.

Oh, come on. What piece are you dying to get? Feel free to PM me but if the seller ain't selling then......

Whatever page it is, it must not be one of mine, because I always need the $$$. I'd also be interested in knowing. It's been years since Jon has sold me any art, so once he gets it I'm sure he'll be more than happy to flip it to me.

If I know Jon's taste in art, I'd be willing to place a bet I know which page it is.

It's probably the same page I've asked the current owner about a few times myself.

It's freakin sweet :cloud9:

Heh heh. That would be telling. And you never know, I could get lucky someday! You never know when someone could use a spare kidney.

I could see if it was a secret stash but keeping a secret about a page from CAF you wish you had only hurts sometimes helps your chances.

If ones interest in a specific page is well known, the price goes up... Usually a lot (not always, depends on the seller). Start a tread with this topic & the war stories will come out.

Guys-- know the bumps are good for the original posts' visibility, but I'm going to start a new thread and let you all talk amongst yourselves. Every time I see a new reply, I keep holding out hope that someone's helped with the original inquiry. Thanks for the PM's I've gotten thus far on leads.

I could see if it was a secret stash but keeping a secret about a page from CAF you wish you had only hurts sometimes helps your chances.

If ones interest in a specific page is well known, the price goes up... Usually a lot (not always, depends on the seller). Start a tread with this topic & the war stories will come out.

For those pieces NFS is price really THAT important?

Guys-- know the bumps are good for the original posts' visibility, but I'm going to start a new thread and let you all talk amongst yourselves. Every time I see a new reply, I keep holding out hope that someone's helped with the original inquiry. Thanks for the PM's I've gotten thus far on leads.

With the title and constant bumps you were golden.

With the title and constant bumps you were golden.

I mentioned in the Goals for 2014 OA thread that getting a top page from issue #1 would be my only goal for the year. Luckily, it only took 32 days. Very humbled and happy to add this to my black hole collection.

12260329104_44d069cc1b_c.jpg