• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman #1 "Gold" Club
4 4

156 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, comiconxion said:

the reprinting of G.I. Joe #2 along with Sunrise Comics (prior to that Marvel didn't reprint specific books).  

Except Star Wars #1-6 and GI Joe #3-5.... ;)

But it is interesting, as these are essentially just raw signed copies with a little hand made certificate..not even as high quality as the later DF books.

miracleman-1-certificates.thumb.jpg.ca02a069b3b25f1a55f42be03807b761.jpgmiracleman-1-comics.thumb.jpg.fcf2cfc17039f672f5e63a4a87e0c64d.jpgmiracleman-1-creases.thumb.jpg.cc25305fcf9c17cfd2762faca941b073.jpgmiracleman-1-signatures.thumb.jpg.9802c7443213656a798680d8a281c42c.jpg

On 6/11/2020 at 12:55 PM, Michael Browning said:

[...] I know both sets of golds and blues had those little creases on the front cover that a lot of them had. It’s hard to imagine that, after all these years, there are only 51 known copies of the gold #1. [...]

Interesting. Others like to claim that ALL of the golds had that crease, but I can't find it on my #93. Perhaps the phenomenon is limited to a certain number range? Btw, the number of known copies is higher than 51 as the listing in the OP hasn't been updated for a while.

EDIT: Never mind (found the crease)!

miracleman-1-gold-detail.jpg

Edited by mucher_dk
Correcting my mistake; added pics.

Hello guys,

Iam new to fan Club of Alan Moore. And I am interested in A Gold Edition Miracleman #1. Can somebody tell me how to get one or to find one. Or maybe someone want to sell me his or hers?

Thank you for your help in advanced

Kind Regards

Don

5 hours ago, Don84 said:

Hello guys,

Iam new to fan Club of Alan Moore. And I am interested in A Gold Edition Miracleman #1. Can somebody tell me how to get one or to find one. Or maybe someone want to sell me his or hers?

Thank you for your help in advanced

Kind Regards

Don

In my case I just sporadically checked eBay for a few years until one showed up. 

Thoughts on recent Miracleman mentions on social media and the potential of Donnie Cates working on it? Excited to hear, hopefully things can work out. Wonder if this will cause more unaccounted golds to come out of the wood work?

On 1/2/2022 at 8:19 PM, JGELL said:

Thoughts on recent Miracleman mentions on social media and the potential of Donnie Cates working on it? Excited to hear, hopefully things can work out. Wonder if this will cause more unaccounted golds to come out of the wood work?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/324736549557

On 1/2/2022 at 8:19 PM, JGELL said:

I heard that they might try and place him in the MCU.  I think that's lame (but, typical for Marvel).  

Of course, it might just be Donny Cates "effing around" like he did when he bought the "cover to MM #1".   lol

I don't know anything about this comic, so forgive me with a dumb question.

I do have a copy, no signatures or numbers or anything. However, it does seem to have the production defect crease that has been shown and talked about from the early print runs. I'm just wondering if all copies of the book had this, and if not, whether it means anything that it has this defect? Just trying to learn more.

Thanks!

On 1/3/2022 at 4:17 PM, Crimebuster said:

I don't know anything about this comic, so forgive me with a dumb question.

I do have a copy, no signatures or numbers or anything. However, it does seem to have the production defect crease that has been shown and talked about from the early print runs. I'm just wondering if all copies of the book had this, and if not, whether it means anything that it has this defect? Just trying to learn more.

Thanks!

I've owned multiple #1's (regular) over the years and I don't recall that defect on any of the copies I had.  

On 1/4/2022 at 7:19 AM, chrisco37 said:

I've owned multiple #1's (regular) over the years and I don't recall that defect on any of the copies I had.  

Hmm, interesting. Thanks!

Here's the printer wrinkle on my copy, which does not have anything written on the first page.

20220104_082345.thumb.jpg.6342cbff14bb7754c33ffb584bcded55.jpg