• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman #1 "Gold" Club
4 4

156 posts in this topic

......did it seriously just sell for $474?

OifzShS.jpg?1

What's surprising here?

0pzU03D.jpg?1

I saw this 9.8 Gold slabbed copy go for $1500... I thought that was a strong price.

This raw 9.4ish one for $500 though...

I was expecting it to sell for more (shrug)

Within the last couple of years good copies in NM or better usually sell raw for over $500, occasionally over $600; would say this one was definitely cheap and possibly a good buy (if it is a 9.6 of course :) )

Within the last couple of years good copies in NM or better usually sell raw for over $500, occasionally over $600; would say this one was definitely cheap and possibly a good buy (if it is a 9.6 of course :) )

Right, I thought it was a steal of a deal

Right, I thought it was a steal of a deal

It wasn't, though - I paid $300 for the last raw copy I bought ... copies have been hovering in the $400-500 range for a while now with some outliers on both ends.

Well I just confirmed that CGC will slab the certificate. I subbed mine at c2e2 and they told me that they would have to look into it and I just got a response that they are going to slab the cert separate, with an additional fee of course. I just had to email them the ebay listing that showed the certificate in a CGC case.

Sooo... Looks like the seller backed out of original transaction with the buyer (shrug) can't tell for certain...

Now relisted it with a reserve...

It didn't make the reserve... Looks like it topped out at $456 this time around...

Yeah the first time there was a reserve on it as well. Almost every time I see an auction with a reserve, on any book, bidding is usually more infrequent and doesn't sell for as much as auctions with no reserve