• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman #1 "Gold" Club
4 4

156 posts in this topic

Will you able to confirm this certificate and signature that are authenticity?

It's a first time that I have it in my hands. Luckly, I have the past experience in the printing and graphic design before Internet. Also, I did my homework about Mircaleman #1 Gold Edition. Please confirm this is authenticity.

Mircaleman #1 has a common crease printing on the front cover:

IMG_7005.JPG

The signature on the first page:

IMG_7006.JPG

The ink bleed and embossed signature on the second page:

IMG_7007.JPG

The certificate has glossed ink that light reflects:

IMG_7008.JPG

The numbered marks do not reflect:

IMG_7009.JPG

It all looks fine to me: The signature, numbering and also the structure of the paper on the certificate match the one I have (I finally purchased one!). I wouldn't worry about the "r", it's hardly there on #113 either and signing 400 of them must have been pretty mind numbing.

Added a couple more sigs top and bottom both missing the same "r", so yours is not alone and many are also missing the "l" of Alan as well. The signatures all seem to be from the same hand and have consistent details such as the A and the M. My own signature is basically my initials and an squiggly line for the rest of my surname but you can sometimes see some of the letters more well formed than others.

MooreGoldSigs.jpg

Great post and info that I had not seen before. Really interested to see that #55 had previously been sold on eBay, as I went ahead and took the plunge on it at a recent ComicLink auction

<a  href=MIRACLEMAN1_zps384d4887.png' alt='MIRACL

Yes, I went in with my eyes wide open about PGX. In an incredible bit of timing vis a vis this post, just yesterday I sent the slab off to a - ahem - new grading service for cracking, re-grading, and re-slabbing. Will be fascinating to see how it comes back.

Will keep you posted.

Great post and info that I had not seen before. Really interested to see that #55 had previously been sold on eBay, as I went ahead and took the plunge on it at a recent ComicLink auction

:wishluck: for coming back with 9.8. That would be miracle.

Edited by JollyComics

Glad I could help this thread really helped me out too. I've been meaning to post pics for a while just haven't had time. Thinking about subbing mine, might start a PGM thread to get some opinions. Looks really good though and only had the tiny indentation that's common on these

Edited by kapzilla

I guess - very appropriately, given the title we're talking about here - miracles do happen. Mostly anyway :)

Yesterday I received my Gold Edition back from that other (new) grading company, in a slick new 9.6 "verified signature" slab. Out of respect for our hosts I won't be posting a photo, but if anyone would like to see the book just let me know and I'll get a photo off to you.

Feeling very good about how this turned out :headbang:

:wishluck: for coming back with 9.8. That would be miracle.