• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

Final international trailer.

The Thing spoke in this trailer and he didn't have a gravely voice. He just had the actors regular voice. It didn't seem to fit. The guys body gets turned to living stone, how can he have the same regular voice?

I never noticed The Thing's voice was gravely when I read the FF comics. (shrug)

It always was for me. Lifelong FF fan.

But people calling this a fail already before anyone has actually seen the final movie just because The Thing isn't wearing stretch shorts would seem to be jumping the gun.

Fox called the movie 'decent'.

Decent. :facepalm:

And I think the 'Thing without shorts' thing is just guy talk...much like Dr. Manhattan showing his full shlong during the Watchmen movie. I thought it was fine.

I'm going to guess it gets 65-70% on rotten tomatoes based on the trailers I've seen. Let's see how far off I am in a few weeks.

I think one of the things that I really liked about FF comics was that the Thing was funny. he did lighten the mood and I hope some of that does come up.

The Thing was one of my favorite characters to draw when I was growing up. :cloud9:

But people calling this a fail already before anyone has actually seen the final movie just because The Thing isn't wearing stretch shorts would seem to be jumping the gun.

Fox called the movie 'decent'.

Decent. :facepalm:

And I think the 'Thing without shorts' thing is just guy talk...much like Dr. Manhattan showing his full shlong during the Watchmen movie. I thought it was fine.

I'm going to guess it gets 65-70% on rotten tomatoes based on the trailers I've seen. Let's see how far off I am in a few weeks.

When George Lucas was critiqued on the filming of the prequels, lucas woild often say and I qoute "it's good enough"...we all saw how good enough and decent worked out for one franchise.

Green Lantern rocked. :grin:

lol Well, yeah, there are some people who did like that movie! Sinestro was cool....

I was being sarcastic for effect, but truthfully, I did enjoy GL. The problem for me is, I don't remember the storyline AT ALL. I think that shows that it lacked in something fundamental, but I can't even remember what was wrong. hm

Green Lantern rocked. :grin:

lol Well, yeah, there are some people who did like that movie! Sinestro was cool....

I was being sarcastic for effect, but truthfully, I did enjoy GL. The problem for me is, I don't remember the storyline AT ALL. I think that shows that it lacked in something fundamental, but I can't even remember what was wrong. hm

No and I understand that, and I respect that you liked it, and there are probably plenty of others who really did like it... as with anything good or bad there will be some who see it the other way, or enjoy it for different reasons.

I'm not a huge Green Lantern fan, but I didn't really see Ryan Reynolds as 'Hal Jordan'... I just always saw Hal as a straight, military type of no nonsense kind of guy...and Reynolds is.... well, he's going to be fine as Deadpool.

I do remember thinking the Sinestro scene were cool...

But in general, the movie was panned critically, and it's box office was horrendous, so... it's pretty much considered the 'Mendoza line' for financial failure.

I honestly think with the way they've handled this FF movie, the time of year it's opening, and what it's going up against, it will have a hard time breaking 150MIL.

Above the Mendoza line, but certainly still a bust.

This is the voice of the Thing I remember...

So if the movie doesn't follow your traditional interpretation of the Fantastic Four, you feel the best approach is to question people that feel positive about the movie until they realize this is not your interpretation of the Fantastic Four?

Come on. I know you have a better approach to a topic than that. And I'm not saying I want to see something way far off from what I used to read from the 70's and 80's. But I would be okay with the sci-fi approach IF Fox makes it exciting and somewhat associated with the books.

If this:

Though the studio is reportedly not as pleased with Trank's first movie as we might have been led to believe, they still see it as a "decent introduction to the new direction its characters will be taking" and are looking for a distinct vision" to take things to the next level.

Is really true it means even Fox doesn't love the new film.

A decent version? $100's of Millions spent on something decent? :facepalm:

You do realize that was quoted from an anonymous source, right?

Fox Wants Bryan Singer To Direct FANTASTIC FOUR 2 On The Way To X-Men Crossover (Exclusive)

According to my sources, Fox is looking to move quickly following the release of Josh Trank’s FANTASTIC FOUR reboot at the beginning of August toward making a sequel happen, sans Trank. While they are not as high on the completed film as they were the concept when they first gave it the green light, the studio understands the value the Fantastic Four holds for them in the grand scheme of things. I’ve been told they view FANTASTIC FOUR as a decent introduction to the new direction its characters will be taking, one good enough to build upon rather than scrap in favor of yet another restart in a few years. And with the bad blood Fox has bubbling with Marvel, given their squashing of the X-Men and FF brands in recent months, you won’t see them working together to incorporate them into the same cinematic universe anytime soon.

Since you mentioned twice 'Fox' may have said this, I'm only pointing that out so an anonymous source doesn't become reality what is truly going on. What I could see happening if Fox is lining up the two franchises to meet in the end is having one director pulling the whole picture together that is a seasoned movie-maker they can count on with such a massive undertaking.

It's still something in the making what really took place, and is going to take place. I'm just not sure yet. Though there are some nasty rumors about Trank over the months.

If this:

Though the studio is reportedly not as pleased with Trank's first movie as we might have been led to believe, they still see it as a "decent introduction to the new direction its characters will be taking" and are looking for a distinct vision" to take things to the next level.

Is really true it means even Fox doesn't love the new film.

A decent version? $100's of Millions spent on something decent? :facepalm:

You do realize that was quoted from an anonymous source, right?

Fox Wants Bryan Singer To Direct FANTASTIC FOUR 2 On The Way To X-Men Crossover (Exclusive)

According to my sources, Fox is looking to move quickly following the release of Josh Trank’s FANTASTIC FOUR reboot at the beginning of August toward making a sequel happen, sans Trank. While they are not as high on the completed film as they were the concept when they first gave it the green light, the studio understands the value the Fantastic Four holds for them in the grand scheme of things. I’ve been told they view FANTASTIC FOUR as a decent introduction to the new direction its characters will be taking, one good enough to build upon rather than scrap in favor of yet another restart in a few years. And with the bad blood Fox has bubbling with Marvel, given their squashing of the X-Men and FF brands in recent months, you won’t see them working together to incorporate them into the same cinematic universe anytime soon.

Since you mentioned twice 'Fox' may have said this, I'm only pointing that out so an anonymous source doesn't become reality what is truly going on. What I could see happening if Fox is lining up the two franchises to meet in the end is having one director pulling the whole picture together that is a seasoned movie-maker they can count on with such a massive undertaking.

It's still something in the making what really took place, and is going to take place. I'm just not sure yet. Though there are some nasty rumors about Trank over the months.

You do realize that when I initially quoted 9.8 and his 'decent' comment yesterday I qualified it with 'If this is true', right?

Nobody offered a rebuttal so I just assumed it was true.

But I still think the movie is going to be a stinker, or barely a pass.

Don't let that last trailer sucker you in. Just remember this one when you are deciding on whether to go:

"Your parents, teachers, all told you one way to be, you ignored them."

The FF are parents! And started a school! ARRGH!! It really doesn't matter what the final product is like, it's a slap in the face to FF fans. Please don't reward Fox and Trank with your money.

Trailers look great. Can't wait to see the movie.

Even if the trailers were not good, I'd see the movie (and would have looked forward to it).

I understand when ppl get upset when a movie strays "too far" (subjective) from source material, but I don't.

There is enough room within my appreciation for both the source material and the artistic license used when making a movie.

Trailers look great. Can't wait to see the movie.

Even if the trailers were not good, I'd see the movie (and would have looked forward to it).

I understand when ppl get upset when a movie strays "too far" (subjective) from source material, but I don't.

There is enough room within my appreciation for both the source material and the artistic license used when making a movie.

Also, I think there's something to be said regarding taking just elements of the source material, for exampled tone (from Ultimate FF), and not necessarily facts and exact storylines. I think that's where this movie will nail it.

I read literally just the Marvel Zombies issue of UFF and LOVED it, and not just for the zombies parts.

I'm always fascinated how non marvel/Disney movies are picked apart for any detail that isn't exactly as the comic but is understood/accepted when Marvel does it in their own movies

Ant-man movie - focusing on Scott Lang and not Hank Pym

age of ultron - ultron created by Tony Stark

The exception is probably the Mandarin cause there was no way to defend that

I'm always fascinated how non marvel/Disney movies are picked apart for any detail that isn't exactly as the comic but is understood/accepted when Marvel does it in their own movies

+1

+1

Agreed, very insulting to fans. However, I'm not entirely convinced we won't be thrown a curveball with a surprise appearance from the real Mandarin in any of the upcoming films, if not a truly surprising Iron Man 4 reveal.