• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Cerebus #1

46 posts in this topic

Pages are nice and supple, cover still has gloss.

As always with this book, scans make it look worse than it is.

Opinions required as to whether you would slab this or not.

Thanks for the input guys

Crow011.jpg

Crow012.jpg

This book seems to be sold slabbed more frequently than not, probably due to the reassurance that one is buying an original, not a counterfeit, but seems unclear if there is really any extra value in slabbing it in the 5.0-6.5 grade range. It's the kind of book one might send in with others to get slabbed, but probably wouldn't send in individually.

Yeah, it does show a lot on the spine, I thought the opposite though, I scanned through a few Cerebus #1s and lots of 6.0s looked like mine, so I thought they may be lenient with this book (shrug)

Spine nicks are common on this book but check your edges. especially back cover right bottom corner. I have a 9.2 but I have personally owned 5 copies in my life.

7.0 IMHO! I didn't want to weigh in on this book until I did enough research. Unless there is a number of hidden issues I don't see this book grading lower. (shrug)

I am assuming the large spine tic near the middle on the back cover is a crease and not a tear?? :o

I sent in 3 cerebus 1s and they are extremely strict on this book as alot of the issues and dings are visible because of the paper and ink quality

As they should be. :sumo: Certified grades are as much about protecting the buyer as about rewarding the seller. :)

7.0 IMHO! I didn't want to weigh in on this book until I did enough research. Unless there is a number of hidden issues I don't see this book grading lower. (shrug)

I am assuming the large spine tic near the middle on the back cover is a crease and not a tear?? :o

No hidden issues, no tears, looks much better than the scan actually ;)

Why are the grades for KevinJ's copy when compared to other graded copies of this book so much lower? I am sure others on the boards have made some comparisons which leaves me baffled. I would definitely recommend having this book professionally graded!

Why are the grades for KevinJ's copy when compared to other graded copies of this book so much lower? I am sure others on the boards have made some comparisons which leaves me baffled. I would definitely recommend having this book professionally graded!

I think the boards graders are typically a little bit stricter than CGC, I have posted books before and generally recieved at least 1 grade better back from CGC.

I thought of this as a 6.0 in hand, so I guess I am somewhere in the ballpark.

I will update this thread if and when I send it in.

Could do with a bit more input though.

Anyone else (shrug)

Thanks guys (thumbs u

I think the boards graders are typically a little bit stricter than CGC, I have posted books before and generally recieved at least 1 grade better back from CGC.

Anyone else (shrug)

Thanks guys (thumbs u

Looking at recent ebay sales, your copy looks nicer than the 5.0 that recently sold, and is comparable to one of the 6.5s. I think the Fn grades are the toughest to guess how CGC might go, but I'd be surprised if you weren't in the ballpark.

I think boardies tend to be tough on the PGM threads due to a sense that they are not seeing everything, and that scans frequently make everything except tanning look better than it is, combined with not wanting to seem like a soft grader in comparison to others, or at least compared with what they imagine is the tight grade CGC would give it.

Anyone else (shrug)

Thanks guys (thumbs u

Kevin, I hope you submit this copy because I want to see it come back at a 7.0! (thumbs u please keep us posted!

Anyone else (shrug)

Thanks guys (thumbs u

Kevin, I hope you submit this copy because I want to see it come back at a 7.0! (thumbs u please keep us posted!

Thanks man, I hope you are correct :wishluck:

I live in the UK so not as easy to submit, I will probably put it together with a bunch of other books later in the year, I will post my 7.0........6.0 then here when it gets back