• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deadly Class

221 posts in this topic

Todd recreations of Detective 27, Amazing Fantasy 15, Captain America #1, Walking Dead #1, Howard the Duck #1... I know McFarlane did the Spawn cover swipes, but this is TODD, and they'd look awesome and hilarious. Just a thought

Todd recreations of Detective 27, Amazing Fantasy 15, Captain America #1, Walking Dead #1, Howard the Duck #1... I know McFarlane did the Spawn cover swipes, but this is TODD, and they'd look awesome and hilarious. Just a thought

I'll email Ken..

Thanks

If it happens,I'll hook ya

sounds like a solid book, will be a strong first market book, as for secondary market....pop and drop, like everything else these days. Buy it to read, not to flip. 2c

Edited by CBT

ok, should be interesting to see where its price is 90 days after launch versus first couple of weeks. if a guy like jimmy is buying 50, everyone else should be steering well clear....imo

do note i did say primary market will do well with it. stores i am sure will move lots. but anyone pre-ordering multiple copies, imo, need to sell them all as fast as possible. The buy en masse and flip for non-store owners has been compressing for over a year.

what book where people were pre-ordering large numbers (non-store owners) has held its value in the last 12 months? i can't think of one series that has....

Edited by CBT

ok, should be interesting to see where its price is 90 days after launch versus first couple of weeks. if a guy like jimmy is buying 50, everyone else should be steering well clear....imo

do note i did say primary market will do well with it. stores i am sure will move lots. but anyone pre-ordering multiple copies, imo, need to sell them all as fast as possible. The buy en masse and flip for non-store owners has been compressing for over a year.

what book where people were pre-ordering large numbers (non-store owners) has held its value in the last 12 months? i can't think of one series that has....

99% of Modern comic speculation is NOT about holding it's value ...

It's about the flip.

The last year was "silly" for modern speculation...

( silly good )

It's about the flip.

( silly good )

i agree with what you are saying, with respect to primary market. But for the average person trying to buy low and sell high, they cant get in and out, for as low a cost, or as quickly.

And really, i dont consider a store owner ever a true speculator. Your business is to sell comics. There is speculation and risk in determining what inventory you are going to buy and how much, but that is far more like "educated purchasing of stock".

Real speculators are people who buy a book (or multiples) from a primary market seller, and then attempt to sell it again for more on the secondary market.

Last year was not silly good for those people (though it was for a couple months). Those are the people I am speaking too, when I say what I said.

For average John Doe reading this thread, thinking, "Oh man, i gotta get in on this before i miss the boat". I say to him, "easy there fella, if you are going to try that, make sure you sell what you buy as quickly as possible and dont hold out for higher prices or you might be left holding the bag."

There are a lot of different players in the market. Store owners and comics retailers are in a very different category than your average speculator. Then there are also the sleezbag middle-men. The ones who are sort of primary and a half market sellers. They typically buy in larger quantities, at discount from cover, but not direct from the source.

Those are the ones that talk up books, pump and dump, and generally try to foist garbage on to the average small time speculators. That guy from last spring who's name was a sports car comes to mind as an example.

Those are the people I dont care for, and the ones I have no problem having a go at when they are trying to lie, trick, deceive, etc....

Edited by CBT

I saw no demand for the title in the shop today, nobody picked it up. Doesn't mean they won't a week or two from now though, but I saw more heat on Harley #2.

It's 12.01.

Shops have been open for two hours...

It is officially sold out at the publisher / distributor level.

a great sign.

Edited by LarrysComics

It's about the flip.

( silly good )

i agree with what you are saying, with respect to primary market. But for the average person trying to buy low and sell high, they cant get in and out, for as low a cost, or as quickly.

And really, i dont consider a store owner ever a true speculator. Your business is to sell comics. There is speculation and risk in determining what inventory you are going to buy and how much, but that is far more like "educated purchasing of stock".

Real speculators are people who buy a book (or multiples) from a primary market seller, and then attempt to sell it again for more on the secondary market.

Last year was not silly good for those people (though it was for a couple months). Those are the people I am speaking too, when I say what I said.

For average John Doe reading this thread, thinking, "Oh man, i gotta get in on this before i miss the boat". I say to him, "easy there fella, if you are going to try that, make sure you sell what you buy as quickly as possible and dont hold out for higher prices or you might be left holding the bag."

There are a lot of different players in the market. Store owners and comics retailers are in a very different category then your average speculator. Then there are also the sleezbag middle-men. The ones who are sort of primary and a half market sellers. They typically buy in larger quantities, at discount from cover, but not direct from the source.

Those are the ones that talk up books, pump and dump, and generally try to foist garbage on to the average small time speculators. That guy from last spring who's name was a sports car comes to mind as an example.

Those are the people I dont care for, and the ones I have no problem having a go at when they are trying to lie, trick, deceive, etc....

But for the average person trying to buy low and sell high

What are you talking about?!

I see the majority of fans on the CGC boards using high discount online sources..

The discount is within 10% of what the average retailer pays...

Afterlife w/.Archie

Afterlife w/.Archie

We'll see where it sells at, and I can admit I havent followed that one much as it launched while i was AWOL, but my understanding is that its already dropped from its highs and is in decline....

It's about the flip.

( silly good )

There are a lot of different players in the market. Store owners and comics retailers are in a very different category then your average speculator. Then there are also the sleezbag middle-men. The ones who are sort of primary and a half market sellers. They typically buy in larger quantities, at discount from cover, but not direct from the source.

I see the majority of fans on the CGC boards using high discount online sources..

I think he's talking about new people getting in on the action. Online orders have to be done well in advance to get the discounts you're refering too.

A new person has to buy the comic for $4. Then sell on eBay. Which means $4 to ship plus paying eBay fees. In other words, people have to be willing to buy it for $10, just for the flipper to break even.

I like your info Larry, and you've preached that for a long time yourself. People need to know how they are going to sell, before they jump in the game.

I dont think the majority of people on these boards do that, nor do the majority buy multiple copies of books. I think that the very vocal minority do that yes, but I wouldnt consider them the average person either.

The average person buys from their LCS or ebay, next step up from there, midtown, mcs, etc. DCBS type stuff is a couple steps up from your average comic buyer imo.