• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deadly Class

221 posts in this topic

I read something about a Deadly Class "preview" comic book.

Was that something issued before Deadly Class #1, maybe in an Image Comics preview book?

I think it's all new or original material. I gathered that information and assumption based on it being an original art sale touting it's a Deadly Class "preview" - - which could very well be a subsequent release to the #1 issue.

So, my question is, is "Deadly Class" #1 considered the 1st appearance comic book?

What is this "preview" I hear about, in terms of what the comic book actually is and it's relevance to Deadly Class?

I don't remember there being a physical preview book. I am pretty sure there was a specific story that was printed in the back of books as a preview that wasn't actually part of issue #1. I think it was the pages they made to pitch the book I think. But, don't take it as fact It's all a bit foggy :P I could be completely wrong.

Edited by Tuff Ghost

This is what you are talking about I think.

http://rickremender.com/posts/DeadlyPreview.pdf

None of these pages show up in any of the printed issues. It might have been printed in previews or in the back of some image books. As far as being it's own printed mini preview issue I don't think there was one. I could be wrong, but I was really pumped about he book coming out, I think I would have tracked it down if I had heard about one around that time.

This is what you are talking about I think.

http://rickremender.com/posts/DeadlyPreview.pdf

None of these pages show up in any of the printed issues. It might have been printed in previews or in the back of some image books. As far as being it's own printed mini preview issue I don't think there was one. I could be wrong, but I was really pumped about he book coming out, I think I would have tracked it down if I had heard about one around that time.

This is EXACTLY what I was inquiring about... THANKS!

I saw that the 1st Page was offered in the ORIGINAL ART format, but not sure where it was used and published and if it "Pre-Dated" the release of the actual Deadly Class #1 Comic Book itself or not.

So, it sounds like at minimum this is a preview if not 1st appearance in reference in terms of storytelling, but may not have seen physical print (unless subsequently published in a collected edition which would muddy up it's status, more so 1st story arc than 1st appearance, by definition of a publication's release date).

If anyone has seen this preview actually printed, I'd love to know where it appeared to track it down. THANKS!

The preview was printed in the 2013 Image Comics What's Next book.

It is the only place it was printed at the time.

mathew

I found the book and purchased it.

Since this pre dates the first issue and contains original story and art material not reprinted nor featured in the #1 issue, that makes this more unique than a typical preview which is just advanced advertising and contains a sampler of story/art to be released.

Right?

So, as an investment, this is a key book As the first appearances for characters in the title?

Edited by AKA Rick

Just wanted to share my most recent pick up. Really wanted a nice original page by Wes Craig to go with my Deadly Class #1 cover art and I was luck enough to get this great page from #1. It features Marcus meeting his classmates for the first time.

Deadly Class #1 page 23

Hope that the TV series can live up to the comic if and when it gets made.

mathew