• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deadly Class

221 posts in this topic

Shipment showed up damaged to the LCS I checked today :(

Just read it. This is a beautifully constructed book, very high quality. The art and layouts are stunning. Not too crazy about the real-life naughty X-Men theme, but it's worth another issues.

I thought this book was pretty good myself. The whole school of assassin schtik isn't terribly original but the art(especially the panels/layout) was top notch and remenders writing didn't bring the book down in any noticeable way. I'm on board for the first arc to see what direction the book takes.

Perhaps we could do a pre-buy for the CGC boardies on these Deadly Class CBLDF variants...?!? :idea:

jimmy deals with them a lot, probably invited them to come join the thread, maybe he could set it up.

Liked it. First one in a while that I have picked up with no expectations and actually quite enjoyed. There's part of me thinking after those last few pages that it could all go way too OTT way too fast... or end up playing heavily on Marcus being a hitman with a conscience (seen that story done before with vampires :P ) ... or or or etc ... However, it definitely has the potential to be interesting, the whole intro and the layouts throughout were very nicely done. Happy to reserve any proper judgement until this one is a few months in.

Will be fun to see what the print run is on this one and how much Image titles have risen to meet demand. As the speculation is driven by demand I'd be concerned about this if I was diving in with both feet as well as the variants. I somehow doubt that we will see numbers like the ones in 2012 where 20K felt like the top end.

Now an Image title with a print run above that seems positively "top heavy" with #1 being the most commonly available issue out there and likely to remain so for years to come. TWD did not have a print run of 30K+ until it had gotten past #80 which is way more readers than #1's available. There are plenty of other books out there that are going the other way. They have seen a large-ish #1 release and are currently lingering well below their starting point.

Here's the recent trend.

Black Science 1* $3.50 Image 40,873

or

Velvet 1* $3.50 Image 41,897

or

Pretty Deadly 1* $3.50 Image 45,833

40K+ :o If people are speculating on those that's insane, unless they are planing on holding it for a long long time and know something I don't. Otherwise they are just in it for the quick flip. If this is trend continues, to do an exceptionally top heavy print run, then don't hate on the people that come on here and pump and dump Image books. They probably are going to see it as their only option.

Image only have 2 books that consistently sell over 40K. I think the wool has well and truly been pulled over a lot of people's eyes in some cases if they think there is going to be that level of demand on more than 1 - 2 additional titles in the next few years. Sure its great for the creators as they get to fund the next few issues... but Image #1 speculation is dying out / dead. Flipping is an option for some I guess (shrug) but regardless how cool any one book may turn out to be there isn't the general fan base out there to sustain a healthy secondary market with these numbers. Forty thousand and change is enough to cover everyone for years.

Buyer beware of wading in too deep. I would suggest you look before you leap.

I'm thinking the same as you on these large print runs for the most part. I'm not buying more than 2 of these. I bought the "A' cover and I'm getting the FP just because I like the looks of it. I'm thrilled to hear that most everybody has liked it to some degree.

I spoke with a longtime friend that owns a comic shop here locally. We were discussing print runs on books and he told me not to be fooled. He said he returned a bunch of Image stuff and used Lazarus as an example. He said it sold well and continues to but he sent back a bunch of #1s. I don't know if returns are part of the total calculated print run on comichron.com and he had no clue. Does anybody here know ?

I just read it and thought it was really good. It reminded me a little of the movie Young Guns and a little of Millar's Wanted comic, not the movie. I'm in for as long as it stays this interesting.

@Garf- I didn't have any expectations either other than thinking Remender writes good comics. The more I think about it, the more I like it.

Perhaps we could do a pre-buy for the CGC boardies on these Deadly Class CBLDF variants...?!? :idea:

jimmy deals with them a lot, probably invited them to come join the thread, maybe he could set it up.

What?

WTH!!! Did everyone forget what happened last year when we tried the same thing with the Nowhere Men variant??? :censored::slapfight:

What?

WTH!!! Did everyone forget what happened last year when we tried the same thing with the Nowhere Men variant??? :censored::slapfight:

1. No. The presale for the CBLDF was poorly run and no one spoke to Image about it. Also Remember, more copies sold in the sales thread than CBLDF said they were printing.

2. Why am I being salt scabbed?

I'm thinking the same as you on these large print runs for the most part. I'm not buying more than 2 of these. I bought the "A' cover and I'm getting the FP just because I like the looks of it. I'm thrilled to hear that most everybody has liked it to some degree.

I spoke with a longtime friend that owns a comic shop here locally. We were discussing print runs on books and he told me not to be fooled. He said he returned a bunch of Image stuff and used Lazarus as an example. He said it sold well and continues to but he sent back a bunch of #1s. I don't know if returns are part of the total calculated print run on comichron.com and he had no clue. Does anybody here know ?

Comichron numbers are how many are distributed through Diamond US.

They do NOT include Diamond uk distribution & book publishers keep for shows, comps or online sales.

Books returned to Diamond are stripped of their covers, thus destroyed.

Example:

If there were 40k Lazarus #1's & 12k were "returned", 28k exist out of the US comichron number.

As far as I know there is NO way to verify return numbers.

Edited by LarrysComics

Comichron numbers are how many are distributed through Diamond US.

They do NOT include Diamond uk distribution & book publishers keep for shows, comps or online sales.

Books returned to Diamond are stripped of their covers, thus destroyed.

Example:

If there were 40k Lazarus #1's & 12k were "returned", 28k exist out of the US comichron number.

As far as I know there is NO way to verify return numbers.

Thanks Larry. That puts some of these #1 issues in a slightly different light and makes the drop from #1 to #2 make more sense.

What?

Yes...that was the joke. I didn't think I'd need an :jokealert: icon on that one. Guess I was wrong.

ok, should be interesting to see where its price is 90 days after launch versus first couple of weeks. if a guy like jimmy is buying 50, everyone else should be steering well clear....imo

do note i did say primary market will do well with it. stores i am sure will move lots. but anyone pre-ordering multiple copies, imo, need to sell them all as fast as possible. The buy en masse and flip for non-store owners has been compressing for over a year.

what book where people were pre-ordering large numbers (non-store owners) has held its value in the last 12 months? i can't think of one series that has....

8 Covers now? Jupiter's Legacy anyone?

Primary market sell will be great as CBT has said. I wouldnt go deep on this book unless you are a retailer. 8 Cover sheesh.

Edited by Fastballspecial