• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deadly Class

221 posts in this topic

Is jupiter's legacy monthly?

No.

So than how can it be compared?

All the store variants are selling for $12 +

Don't know i didn't compare them. lol but Imo i am sure he is referring to it having eight covers.

:hi: guys

I don't have a clue what this book will do in the long run but I do know that Image is on fire. First TWD and Invincible, then Saga, Nowhere Men, Five Ghosts, Todd, EOW, Lazarus, Rat Queens, Sex Criminals, manifest Destiny, A Voice in the Dark, and now this and this was about as good as a 1st issue could be imo. Very intriguing story. Image is on fire. I know I've left something great off the list but you get the point. I don't like all of the covers but I'm starting to care less and I'm just buying the covers that I want in my PC. I can't wait for Wednesday. (thumbs u

:hi: guys

I don't have a clue what this book will do in the long run but I do know that Image is on fire. First TWD and Invincible, then Saga, Nowhere Men, Five Ghosts, Todd, EOW, Lazarus, Rat Queens, Sex Criminals, manifest Destiny, A Voice in the Dark, and now this and this was about as good as a 1st issue could be imo. Very intriguing story. Image is on fire. I know I've left something great off the list but you get the point. I don't like all of the covers but I'm starting to care less and I'm just buying the covers that I want in my PC. I can't wait for Wednesday. (thumbs u

Hey bud i get what you mean I have been doing the same thing lately.

Definitely too many covers, reminds me more of Pretty Deadly in that aspect. However, I just read 1 and the writing and art are both great and there is a lot of potential story-wise. Looking forward to seeing where this book goes.

No.

You are right, Bedlam is probably a better comparison.

What were the Bedlam variant and regular covers selling for before the delay?

No.

You are right, Bedlam is probably a better comparison.

What were the Bedlam variant and regular covers selling for before the delay?

Come on you know the answer to that. Jupiter's Legacy was a good comparison for the amount of covers not whether it was a monthly book or not lol.

You are just highly invested in this book and don't want to hear any criticism.

I like the Bedlam comparison even better though. I haven't read it yet so hopefully the art wont suck like that book did.

Edited by Fastballspecial

I actually sold all but 10 of my original 50 copies.

I don't think Jupiter's Legacy is a good comparison because its image variants vs store variants.

I think the Bedlam comparison works. Mainly because I sold all of my number 1's before the delay of issue 4 which made me bank.

I did not pre-order this title from my LCS but a copy of #1 was in my file when I came in to pick up. I'm a little suspicious when this happens because I'm not sure if it's because the book is good and the owner thinks I may like it and doesn't want me to miss it or he just over-ordered.

Anyway....I took the copy without a peep.

I was pleased with the story. The artwork was fine. If I had a complaint, the lettering was small. Even with my glasses on, I had to strain a bit. Otherwise, not a bad number one issue. I'll hang in there awhile and see what happens...

The Bedlam comparison is fair & most accurate in this case.

Bedlam was a modern speculator-y BEAST out of the gate that fell on its face ninety days out, due to delays & art change.

If Deadly Class ships on time with the same creative team, there should be a decent window for a modern speculative play of some sort.

( I'm regretting not commissioning a variant, because despite the sheer volume they all seem strong. )

Edited by LarrysComics

The Bedlam comparison is fair & most accurate in this case.

Bedlam was a modern speculator-y BEAST out of the gate that fell on its face ninety days out, due to delays & art change.

If Deadly Class ships on time with the same creative team, there should be a decent window for a modern speculative play of some sort.

( I'm regretting not commissioning a variant, because despite the sheer volume they all seem strong. )

How many copies do you have to have printed these days for Image to accept that specialty cover? Back when I was the buyer for BIG Entertainment (Tekno Comics), they came to us with a 5000 copy minimum. Just curious...