• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE 2014 SKETCH COVER SUPER/MEGA THREAD

1,468 posts in this topic

Also for a boardie :)

George Perez

Scan30001.jpg

image upload

VERY NICE sketch!!! George was fantastic as always. I was amazed at how busy the Alb Comic Con was this weekend. It's definately an up and coming convention. It was great to see you guys and you all did a great job getting everything done! Very professional and efficient!

George Perez

Scan30001.jpg

image upload

VERY NICE sketch!!! George was fantastic as always. I was amazed at how busy the Alb Comic Con was this weekend. It's definately an up and coming convention. It was great to see you guys and you all did a great job getting everything done! Very professional and efficient!

You are probably thinking of Surreal Comics, I wasn't set up at the con, I just handled my own books and books for the boards.

You should throw your scans up, I saw you were on Rich's list, how did the surfer turn out?

George Perez

Scan30001.jpg

image upload

You are probably thinking of Surreal Comics, I wasn't set up at the con, I just handled my own books and books for the boards.

You should throw your scans up, I saw you were on Rich's list, how did the surfer turn out?

Ahhh, I thought you were working with Surreal. None the less, they did a great job and I know you always get the job done! I will post a few pics later. Larry Welz did some GREAT sketches for us! Rich Buckler actually did a Deathlok for me and it looks really nice! If was fun getting to meet Rich, he's something else!

Here are a few sketches that some fellow El Pasoans and my self were able to get at the Albuquerque Comic Con:

Rich Buckler Deathlok:

BucklerDeathlok_zpsbc733c28.jpg

Underground Comix LEGEND Larry Welz was back to creating Cherry Poptart styled satiracal blank covers reflecting his mastery of the medium. All of the covers are censored for a "PG" audience:

Startling Comics issue 49 cover homage:

WelzIronMan_zps08f797e4.jpg

WelzFF_zpsc23eefb7.jpg

WelzBlackCat_zps94096d7d.jpg

WelzGhostRider_zps47fbd2da.jpg

George Perez has completely recovered from his eye surgery and was back to sketching for his fans! Without question, George is one of the friendliest comic creators you will ever meet:

PerezThanos_zps7f0129cf.jpg

PerezWonderWoman_zps68148fe7.jpg

PerezCaptainAmerica_zpsda175895.jpg

PerezJOKER_zps15435680.jpg

PerezSpockStarTrek_zps66ed789d.jpg

PerezFlash_zpsd21970d9.jpg

Bjorn and I will post a few more pics later, TP

Two more books arrived yesterday for the Hawkeye collection, both via DScott

One is my Tony Daniel request from NYCC, I asked for a cover swipe of one of his Tenth covers that I really liked, but changed to my current sketch cover characters of preference.

Hawkeye_Widow_by_Tony_Daniel_zpsce81feae.jpg

And then there's this that I'm sure some have seen before which I picked up from Doug, art by Clay Mann

Hawkeye_Widow_by_Clay_Mann_zps62a4a417.jpg

Now to find room to start displaying all of these Hawkeye covers!

Just got this back from CGC. Artist is Ethan Castillo. This was done at Long Beach Comic Con. He is 9 years old and wants to be a comic book artist someday. So if you see him at a con on the west coast stop by and say hi.

<a  href=AvenginSpiderman1cgc98ethancastillo12340

DSC01803_zpsb589d488.jpg

Like this alot!

The next Ramos imo, great work!