• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE 2014 SKETCH COVER SUPER/MEGA THREAD

1,468 posts in this topic

Huge Thanks to boardie Torrey for helping me get this Grail sketched Jason Fabok and also signed by writer John Layman

Always been a fan of Fabok's Batman so I was definitely excited to get this.

Also according to Fabok's blog he used the sketch cover as a prelim or somewhat inspiration for Batman Eternal #1 (his new project after leaving Detective Comics) ...which makes the whole thing so much cooler!

10/10/13 Fabok's Blog

"When they approched me about doing a promo piece, they wanted a big epic Batman drawing, something that looked classic and bold but also showcased what is to come. I had been working on a sketch cover when they presented this to me, and I liked what I had on the sketch enough to use it as a base for this layout."

http://www.jasonfabok.blogspot.com/

image_zpsc6ea7f1c.jpg

batman__eternal__1_by_jayfabs-d6pynyw_zps46b506d5.jpg

That's amazing! Great story and a true grail. Congrats!

A sketch by JRJR purchased off Adonis and then inked by Adelso Corona at WWNO, Thanks to both Doug and Adonis for this one.

B5C2493E-D5CD-4272-849B-0D71E7ABFA0D_zpszxjf2m62.jpg

WOW Came out 100 times better than the original!!!!

Yep gotta say he really was a great choice on completing this one. JRJR draws his quick sketches so loose that it tends to make the art a little off for me. But Adelso's talent to really complete the art made this an amazing pick-up while also leaving intact JRJR's style.

Thank you for being willing to let this one go. Cannot wait to see what Sajad can do one the Khoi Phoenix sketch come Megacon.

Huge Thanks to boardie Torrey for helping me get this Grail sketched Jason Fabok and also signed by writer John Layman

Always been a fan of Fabok's Batman so I was definitely excited to get this.

Also according to Fabok's blog he used the sketch cover as a prelim or somewhat inspiration for Batman Eternal #1 (his new project after leaving Detective Comics) ...which makes the whole thing so much cooler!

10/10/13 Fabok's Blog

"When they approched me about doing a promo piece, they wanted a big epic Batman drawing, something that looked classic and bold but also showcased what is to come. I had been working on a sketch cover when they presented this to me, and I liked what I had on the sketch enough to use it as a base for this layout."

http://www.jasonfabok.blogspot.com/

image_zpsc6ea7f1c.jpg

batman__eternal__1_by_jayfabs-d6pynyw_zps46b506d5.jpg

That's amazing! Great story and a true grail. Congrats!

It really is, TQuella... really is an amazing guy who doesn't get enough kudos on here in my opinion. Helped me on a whole host of signatures and sketch pick-ups in the past and even now.

A surprise gift for my 30th birthday (yesterday). A sketch by my twelve year old daughter (after Graham Nolan's art). It was quite the gift.

97FEAF4A-BE3C-417A-8575-342510FC5828_zpsomrskkor.jpg

She did a great job on that. She was especially spot-on with the colors. Makes wonder how her Batman would look. Congrats!

A few day early birthday present to myself. Emma Frost by Dawn McTeigue. Immense thanks to Doug for making it all happen. 3rd sketch from her and I just asked who who she was interested in sketching. Paired down the list a bit and sent it to Doug.

IMG_29433580254347_zpsbac5f9f9.jpg

She shinied it up. Kind of neat how it goes away straight on.

IMG_29423209458347_zps0290e043.jpg