• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Albi di Pippo n.13 (italian comic, 1949)

11 posts in this topic

Same as the n.6 I have already posted, but this is pretty worn out. :)

Comic book sized, landscape format.

This series, as many others of the same period, has the cover paper which is the same stock of the inside pages, only a bit thicker, and thus was more bound to get ruined. This is in pretty impressive condition, not common to find them in such a nice shape and with white paper.

Main defects:

– PQ not so great (probably the equivalent of CR or CROW);

– humidity stains pretty all over the place (as I explained this is not much taken into account here with such books, but here it’s bad).

– spine wear and some spine split (lower part, about 1/2 to 1 inch);

Thanks as usual! (thumbs u

RoNKWoWh.jpg

High res: http://i.imgur.com/RoNKWoW.jpg

KyE8xHHh.jpg

High res: http://i.imgur.com/KyE8xHH.jpg

I think that the covers are judged pretty much the same as the glossy covers with the exception that they are not "glossy"

Here is a copy of a Canadian paper cover book that I have posted here before. It gets pretty much the same grade treatment as the regular books!

WeS71Wk.jpg

I haven’t seen much examples of US GA comic books with the cover paper being the same of the interiors, so I was wondering how much some things are taken into account compared to normal comic books with a coated paper cover. hm

:gossip: Spirit Sections

Oct31949_zps064a9b39.jpg

Thanks, I think VG+ is just fine. (thumbs u

Actually the split is not so large – this paper was pretty fibrous, and if not kept with great care (they rarely weren’t), simple wear quickly produced damage to the covers.

In fact, it’s pretty amazing (and exciting) to find super-sweet copies like this one (which I will post to grade later on):

r4YGQdih.jpg