• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE N00B GUIDE
18 18

477 posts in this topic

I'm not really new here, but my search-fu has failed me and this seems to be as good a place as any to ask:

What are the restrictions on what you can use as your avatar?  I would like to pick one from my collection of convention sketches, but I'm not sure if those are acceptable... I haven't really seen any avatars like that.

16 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

I'm not really new here, but my search-fu has failed me and this seems to be as good a place as any to ask:

What are the restrictions on what you can use as your avatar?  I would like to pick one from my collection of convention sketches, but I'm not sure if those are acceptable... I haven't really seen any avatars like that.

anything is acceptable as long as it's appropriate... no swearing, nudity, slander or political. O.o 

seems like i recall a clarification when you go to set the avatar, not sure, i don't remember. If your worried about copyright, I don't think you need to worry ??? 

On 7/3/2017 at 10:20 PM, rogue14 said:

So I'm not sure if this is the right place for my question, figured so since I'm newish. 

My question: I hear many talking about GPA's, what is this exactly? 

http://comics.gpanalysis.com/gpaforcomics_login.asp?eid=1&seg=3

5 hours ago, RobZe said:

The original post has lots of cool looking links ... but none of them seem to link to anything ... problem on my end, or are they dead?

Thanks

@Scott =)  might be able to fix those for us.

Scott,  this thread got moved over here from a regular forum (comics general) and maybe the "link fix" from your CGC announcements thread wasn't applied to forums created after the new website, ie -Arch's Newbie Collector thread was created after Feb 2017

2c