• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE N00B GUIDE
18 18

477 posts in this topic

I am curious if we can add some additional Acronym definitions to the Misc Terminology.

I don't know what PLOD is?  Someone help me understand it?  

I've heard Tec (I believe this is Detective Comics, but not 100% sure)

Are there any other acronyms that are out there that aren't covered?

34 minutes ago, Capn17 said:

I am curious if we can add some additional Acronym definitions to the Misc Terminology.

Tec is indeed a short form for Detective Comics, #27 usually, and a PLOD is a 'purple label of doom' - a CGC label for a comic with restoration. 'Doom', because when you get one, when you were expecting a blue label, the world ends. 

43 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Tec is indeed a short form for Detective Comics, #27 usually, and a PLOD is a 'purple label of doom' - a CGC label for a comic with restoration. 'Doom', because when you get one, when you were expecting a blue label, the world ends. 

Thank you!!  I kept seeing and had no idea what it meant. 

14 hours ago, Capn17 said:

Good idea. It took me awhile to figure these out, and I still don't have them all sorted out in my head.

PCH = Pre-Code Horror is another.

Wasn't sure where else to post this, but since I'm a CGC "n00b": How long does it usually take a correctly-packed submission to show up as "received" in the CGC's system? Tracking shows that my delivery arrived on Monday, but it's well into Wednesday and nothing yet from CGC. 

Thanks in advance! 

28 minutes ago, alexanderjk said:

Wasn't sure where else to post this, but since I'm a CGC "n00b": How long does it usually take a correctly-packed submission to show up as "received" in the CGC's system? Tracking shows that my delivery arrived on Monday, but it's well into Wednesday and nothing yet from CGC. 

Thanks in advance! 

Sometimes a week or more.  Depends on what conventions have happened around the time it is comes in.

On 10/16/2019 at 9:07 AM, ryansr said:

HI all, I am Ryan Created an account a while back but thought I would come here say hi and see what this board can help me with.

Thanks

Welcome to the boards!!! I took the plunge about 2 years ago and have loved every minute of it! I learn something new almost every week, just a great bunch of people here, sharing their expertise and our love for the obsession er... uh, I mean hobby.  lol 

I have a free account and I'm submitting for the Todd McFarlane signing. I don't see my account number anywhere, just my user name etc. The form asks for account number.... Do I not have one cause it's a free membership?