• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE N00B GUIDE
18 18

477 posts in this topic

So-rry!

Sheesh. I guess just hump the button and have my comment(s) removed.

I DON'T want buttons humped in this thread. Just stay out. :baiting:

OK. If I come across any more info that might be at home here, I will be sure to not mention it like I have before.

(thumbs u

-slym

So-rry!

-slym

You're no HarveySwick.

Take it elsewhere, man.

(tsk)

Likewise, man.

(tsk)

-HulkSmash

Don't take it personal - I was trying to save you a harshly-worded post from HS.

-slym

So-rry!

-slym

A little possessive are we? :baiting:

I guess a little. I don't want it getting locked. There are plenty of CG threads to :blahblah: and :slapfight: in. Why this one? (shrug)

Is there anywhere on helpful guide that explains how the search function works? No matter what I type in it, it just gives me a list backwards of the current most recent posts. Nothing to do with my search terms.

Just change your start and end time parameters. And click Advanced and choose if the thread or what you're looking for was in the sales forum, Comics General, etc.

Thx Harv

A wise man pointed out you can also just google 'collector's society' and what yer lookin for.

Is there anywhere on helpful guide that explains how the search function works? No matter what I type in it, it just gives me a list backwards of the current most recent posts. Nothing to do with my search terms.

Keep in mind this guideline was posted before the two year time limit was placed in effect. You will need to set your search within a 2 year period.

You want to first click the "Search" link at the top of the chat boards.

Next, select the section of the boards that you want to search in the box on the left.

Then, type the keywords that you are searching for in the box at the top on the right.

Use +keyword for required keywords.

Use -keyword to exclude posts with a keyword.

Use quotes around a phrase to search for a phrase.

Use a * at the end of the word to match partial words.

Below that you want to set the timeline of your search parameters (default is Newer than one week).

Finally you want to have the engine search the boards.

If you get too many responses you may want to try more keywords, not enough responses, try fewer keywords or less-specific variations.

(Unfortunately it's not the best search engine, but it is the one that was provided with this Chat Board platform.)

So-rry!

-slym

Anything else you want humped?

Just change your start and end time parameters. And click Advanced and choose if the thread or what you're looking for was in the sales forum, Comics General, etc.

Thx Harv

A wise man pointed out you can also just google 'collector's society' and what yer lookin for.

I prefer using this, it gives much more relevant results.

Thx Harv

Even better.

Thx Harv

:gossip:Slym told me

While thank you, very helpful.. Yes i have posted a lot and sometimes i have a odd sense of humor and most dont like it for somereason I dont men to make people mad as most times anythread i create is just asking a simple question, also to add my spelling, well i do use my mobile device when i log in to the boards all the time and the keyboard on this device is horrible so im sorry for my spelling. So i will just stick to buy books and hello and goodbye..

That's cool, but this really isn't meant to be a discussion thread for Noobs.

I really don't want to sound like a nag or a broken record - but this thread is only meant to be used as a guide.

:news:NOT a discussion thread. :news:

If you want something added to the front page, post it here. (thumbs u Otherwise, there are plenty of CG threads to talk in and share experiences.

:foryou:

Lots of good info here... I was wondering how do you make a spoiler alert with the box that you click on to show? I can't find it anywhere, sorry if I missed this and it's already posted somewhere in flashing lights on the boards. Thanks.