• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE N00B GUIDE
18 18

477 posts in this topic

: takeit :

Without the spaces between the colon and the words. :takeit: like so.

Or click the switch to full reply screen button at the bottom of the reply window, then click the smiley face which will bring up all the emoticon's.

Just curious ... is there some special code or something to type in for that "I'll Take IT!" sign I see on the sales threads?

:gossip: Page 1, Post 1

SMILEYS & I'LL TAKE IT:

Go to the Full Reply Screen, click on the item pointed to here:

Gic9igo.jpg

Then click on the one circled (or any other smiley for other posts.)

DEZx9g1.jpg

If you want to do that for the "I'll take it" guy, it looks like this:

Quick question, what do those symbols at the front of the threads mean? The ones that are targets, light bulbs, leaflets. Where can I find out? Thanks for any help.

Edited by Scturo

When creating your own thread or just posting within a thread, there are a selection of icons you can choose. They really don't mean that much, but are sometimes used as a quick description of what the thread/post is about.

If a thread/post has a poll included within, the poster often clicks the icon with the yellow box and green checkmark, letting everyone know that.

They can be used to just show the state of mind of the original poster (OP) when the thread was made (shocked, sad, confused, happy etc.).

A light bulb can be used if your thread/post has a great idea, or if you've discovered something profound about the hobby.

Some are simply general. If you're thread is about finding a great collection at a great price, the trophy or ribbon can be used to say, "I win!" or whatever.

Hope this helps.

When creating your own thread or just posting within a thread, there are a selection of icons you can choose. They really don't mean that much, but are sometimes used as a quick description of what the thread/post is about.

If a thread/post has a poll included within, the poster often clicks the icon with the yellow box and green checkmark, letting everyone know that.

They can be used to just show the state of mind of the original poster (OP) when the thread was made (shocked, sad, confused, happy etc.).

A light bulb can be used if your thread/post has a great idea, or if you've discovered something profound about the hobby.

Some are simply general. If you're thread is about finding a great collection at a great price, the trophy or ribbon can be used to say, "I win!" or whatever.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I didn't know that the OP designates it

I have a question about posting pics..

I recently learned how to post via Tinypics.com, and I just tried it last night from my iPhone.

My questions is when I posted the pic from my phone it showed up in the discussion, but when I viewed that discussion from my normal computer today, the image did not appear but the "URL" address did?

Why would this be as it seems counter-productive in todays mobile world to have to use a laptop instead of your phone. Makes no sense to me if the image showed up on my iPhone but not on my regular computer

Thoughts?

i76903.jpg

You copied and pasted the "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards"? hm

An image always needs to be between the code and it needs to end in ".jpg", ".bmp", ".png" or ".gif" for it to work.

You might have just used the "URL for E-Mail & IM".

But wouldn't the fact that the image appears on my phone be proof that the image did in fact post, but just not on my regular computer?

Even now if I go to the site on my iPone the image is there