• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE N00B GUIDE
18 18

477 posts in this topic

Does CGC use different slaps or should they all look the same, now im not talking about the label i mean the slab it self..

just got in two books from eBay today and one is SO much thicker then the other and the thicker slab looks like it has an inner holder to keep the book in place.

Both cert #s are good and the sellers feedback is spotless just thought its something my newbie self should ask.

Thicker books have thicker slabs. Also magazine sized books have thicker/wider slabs.

Does CGC use different slaps or should they all look the same, now im not talking about the label i mean the slab it self..

just got in two books from eBay today and one is SO much thicker then the other and the thicker slab looks like it has an inner holder to keep the book in place.

Both cert #s are good and the sellers feedback is spotless just thought its something my newbie self should ask.

Thicker books have thicker slabs. Also magazine sized books have thicker/wider slabs.

they are both modern books tho one is Batman inc #8 (0242811003) the other Superior spider-man 31 (0233832017)

and I own raw copys of each and they dont seem any thicker.

they are both modern books tho one is Batman inc #8 (0242811003) the other Superior spider-man 31 (0233832017)

It comes down to the encapsulation process…if they cannot safely get it into a regular slab, they'll upgrade to the thicker one…it is completely subjective.

and I own raw copys of each and they dont seem any thicker.

Different slaps and some would appear to be harder than others, depending on how badly the grader messed up. Possibly.

;)

Great thread this has helped me figure my way around.

Really? I've been here for years and I still don't understand all that's going on in the Comics General forum.

Seriously, sometimes Comics General makes as much sense as:

suddenly-bananas-demotivational-poster-1207006329.jpg

It can be a hell of a ride!

WTTB Securitybob!!!

Maybe I'm in the wrong thread for this but...

I have a picture that I would like to use for my avatar but I'm not quite sure what the best way to shrink it down the 20k file size is? Help Please!!! :frustrated:

Edited by Nick's Comics

Has something just changed on Youtube? It used to be you would right click on a video and one of the options would be to get the embode code. This option is not appearing anymore. It looks like a new menu pops up.

Has something just changed on Youtube? It used to be you would right click on a video and one of the options would be to get the embode code. This option is not appearing anymore. It looks like a new menu pops up.

Found it. Don't know if it was always on the bottom as well. Underneath the video is a share button. Click that and there is an embed code.

Found it. Don't know if it was always on the bottom as well. Underneath the video is a share button. Click that and there is an embed code.

Old-Spice-Guy-Head-Nod.gif

Old-Spice-Guy-Head-Nod.gif

I just always right clicked and it was there. I thought this was some effort to not have their videos embedded on other sites. Glad to see it was not.

Regarding the "UPLOAD A PHOTO" section from the first page, you may want to use something other than TinyPic to upload your photos since they have the lowest retention rate of any of the major hosting sites.

If the time between viewings is longer than 90 days, it may be removed (and usually is).

TinyPic FAQ

Q: How long are images kept?

A: The images are kept until they have not been viewed for 90 days. After 90 days have elapsed, your image may be removed.