• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE N00B GUIDE
18 18

477 posts in this topic

I've only really used Tinypic and don't have much experience with other sites. And I can't update the first two posts anymore as they locked. :sorry:

Oh well, no biggie. I just wanted to warn people about TinyPic.

PhotoBucket and Imgur claim to be able to retain your images forever.

I've been using Photobucket for years and years and never had an issue, although if you move files around between folders the link breaks and the photo no longer shows up wherever you originally posted it.

Imgur is super fast and doesn't require a user account. They claim they will never delete the image unless deletion is requested. I've been using it for a couple years now and all the images are still there, so it seems to be true.

PS - On the issue of the post lock, I wonder if the one-year clock can be reset if the post is edited and re-saved sometime before it locks? In other words, say I post something and then on day 364 I add something to the post through the edit function, repost, delete whatever I added, re-post again; would the clock reset and give me another 365 days? (shrug) Just an idea.

As far as a post locking after a year, if you post at day 364 and then day 365, etc. it doesn't lock. But it doesn't automatically reset the clock a full year or any extended period of time. That is the issue I ran into with the Club lists. I would update them with just a "." for days leading up to and after the expiration of one year to make sure it didn't lock. One day or two days I missed updating with a "." and it suddenly locked. :frustrated:

Has something just changed on Youtube? It used to be you would right click on a video and one of the options would be to get the embode code. This option is not appearing anymore. It looks like a new menu pops up.

They changed it back. You can now right click and get the embed code again.

Anyone use imgur for sales thread pics? I'm trying to set up my first thread and the scans are GINORMOUS. Like, people will not only not buy my books, but likely reach through the screen to deliver me a chokeslam if I post them like this. Thanks in advance!

Anyone use imgur for sales thread pics? I'm trying to set up my first thread and the scans are GINORMOUS. Like, people will not only not buy my books, but likely reach through the screen to deliver me a chokeslam if I post them like this. Thanks in advance!

you can either set the link size to large thumbnail or whatever size works for you -- then copy the IMG link it creates

or figure out what letter is added to the original for the size you want to use. Like for the large thumbnail version, you add a lower case L to the end of the filename like this:

http;/...............xxxxx.jpg edited to

http;/...............xxxxxl.jpg

you can either set the link size to large thumbnail or whatever size works for you -- then copy the IMG link it creates

or figure out what letter is added to the original for the size you want to use. Like for the large thumbnail version, you add a lower case L to the end of the filename like this:

http;/...............xxxxx.jpg edited to

http;/...............xxxxxl.jpg

Thank you!

Hi - first post, just got my first lot back from CGC. Assuming many of you guys have had books graded to list for sale online - any tips as to what buyers like to see? I can always change listing after it's launched, but I'd prefer to go in with best practices already sorted out. Thanks in advance!

So I've tried Google search and I've also looked at various comics glossaries and terminologies but couldn't find an answer.

I'm doing my regular Previews catalog pre-order and notice (MR) on a bunch of Image Comics listings. Anyone know what it means?