• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
25 25

6,858 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Marty Mann said:

RIPLEY'S SECOND BELIEVE IT OR NOT!

POCKET BOOK #426

April 1948

1st Printing

IMG  RIPLEY  (200 dpi).jpg

Sweet copy... Marty, are these paperbacks you bought when they came out? or shortly thereafter?

Guys my generation love the fact that paperbacks were the internet of the 20th century = inexpensive, widespread knowledge & entertainment :)

8 hours ago, Surfing Alien said:

Sweet copy... Marty, are these paperbacks you bought when they came out? or shortly thereafter?

Guys my generation love the fact that paperbacks were the internet of the 20th century = inexpensive, widespread knowledge & entertainment :)

As with all of my PARK AVENUE COLLECTION these paperback's were bought from the newsstand or newsrooms when they first

came out....thanks for asking.

Marty

Edited by Marty Mann

Here's a fun assortment of paperbacks from a flea market last fall. The two most collectible ones might be Perelandra and The Dain Curse, but I also think they're the most common. I was glad to pick up a few of the other ones I didn't have.  :shy:

48114194.2a4d99fb.1024.jpg

Edited by PopKulture

DRAGNET, CASE NO. 561

POCKET BOOK  #1120

1st Printing  July 1956

Chapter 1

It was Wednesday, April 25th.  It was warm in Los Angeles.  We were working the day watch out of

Homicide Division.  My partner's Frank Smith.  The boss is Captain O'Neill.

My name's Friday.

I'm a cop.

IMG  DRAGNET  (200 dpi).jpg

Edited by Marty Mann