• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
24 24

6,527 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

One of you PB collectors may be able to help with this. I have been looking for a copy of a Science Fiction PB I remember as a kid. I have a very strong memory of the cover which featured a man on a raft poling through a ruined New York like landscape inundated with water. His companion was a cat / tiger hybrid creature. I've searched a couple of paperback conventions for this book but can't seem to yet find out. Ring a bell with anyone? I'd love to get a copy and read again.

You are undoubtedly referring to Daybreak 2250 A.D. I recall reading this as a teen. I read most everything I could by Norton at that time.

Probably due for a re-read as I cannot recall reading it since. lol

I see I missed Pats' post,  :makepoint: but I agree it was one of Norton's better efforts in sci-fi.

scan0340.jpg

Edited by frozentundraguy

7 hours ago, Pat Calhoun said:

Good on you, Surf, for reading 'Enchantress'. It's the best of the 3 original 'Eric John Stark' stories and is another of Leigh's masterpieces.

pstark.JPG

It's pretty cool so far. I like this era of Planet Stories with the Anderson full length space babe covers. These are some of the best. I just got the first one in the mailbox, i'll post it in the pulp thread. The Black Amazon cover is iconic, i'm going to try to find a nice copy for a keeper on that one.

7 hours ago, frozentundraguy said:

You are undoubtedly referring to Daybreak 2250 A.D. I recall reading this as a teen. I read most everything I could by Norton at that time.

Probably due for a re-read as I cannot recall reading it since. lol

I see I missed Pats' post,  :makepoint: but I agree it was one of Norton's better efforts in sci-fi.

scan0340.jpg

Thanks sir, I should have asked on here earlier!

8 minutes ago, Surfing Alien said:

I've been looking for a better copy of this Bart House H.P. Lovecraft edition of The Dunwich Horror for 30 years but haven't found one. The spine is perfect, which is impossible with this book, but the corner creases still bug me... I'd love to see a better one.

Image (427).jpg

That's a really nice copy.

24 minutes ago, Surfing Alien said:

I've been looking for a better copy of this Bart House H.P. Lovecraft edition of The Dunwich Horror for 30 years but haven't found one. The spine is perfect, which is impossible with this book, but the corner creases still bug me... I'd love to see a better one.

Image (427).jpg

I would just like to get any copy of the Bart House Lovecrafts!  They just don't turn up much at all.