• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
24 24

6,538 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, frozentundraguy said:

Recently read Planet for Texans and thoroughly enjoyed it, thanks for the heads up @OtherEric. Then a few days ago I made a trip to the LCS, and was surprised to find they also had PB's. I soon located another novel by Piper (Space Viking) with a terrific cover.

Then I located the one copy of an Ace "D" series sci-fi that they had. It was a duplicate of one I already have, but it was in such nice condition it was impossible to pass up.

scan0379.jpg

scan0380.jpg

I think you'll like Space Viking a lot.  A classic example of a great SF book with an insanely pulpy title that belies the quality.

1 minute ago, OtherEric said:

I love me some Chas Addams.  This isn't even a paperback, but it's handy to post.  I finally put together all his books in hardcover, although my Drawn & Quartered is the 2nd edition.

I had a bunch of these hardcovers when I was a kid - I don't remember what happened to them but they were great to pore over