• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
25 25

6,868 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Surfing Alien said:

This was broken way out in the Warren guide back in the nineties. I never knew why because I never saw a copy...  Now I know it's because there are no copies... incredible Maguire bondage cover

20200213_002437.jpg

Some cover :smile:

7 hours ago, comicjack said:

Great cover (thumbsu

scan0122.jpg

Thanks. (thumbsu

Usually I'm late to the party in any given collectible. It's happened to me with marbles, baseball cards, comic books, but with PB's I'm finding them mostly affordable. One odd thing, I had checked the prices on these two books just before I drove to the store, as they were listed on the Abe site, but the price increased on the Werewolf book, but only slightly. On the other hand that book was much nicer than I had expected. :cloud9:

8 minutes ago, Surfing Alien said:

That copy of Werewolf looks minty fresh!

There is a stamp on the outside of bottom pages, from an EJJM of Massachusetts, also with a PB number of 2761. I'm guessing he had quite a collection & yes the book looks to never have been read.

Edited by frozentundraguy

7 minutes ago, damonwad said:

Here's a little group shot of my slowly growing 6 month old paperback collection.

I got the collecting bug from following this thread for the last year or so and had some much appreciated help on collecting and authors from Pat C. to get me started.

It's been lots of fun but I just wish I had more time to read. Still 5 of these I haven't got to yet.

2064344652_PaperbackGroupShot.thumb.jpg.d4e3cc66b03a9bb3471ab30c5d152c6c.jpg

Some very sharp looking copies there.