• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
25 25

6,801 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, damonwad said:

I haven't been collecting pb's long enough to have any idea which of these is more valuable, but I do appreciate the awesomeness of these great covers in that condition. Great haul.

OMG!  I’m not the new guy anymore?

8 hours ago, moonpool said:

Correct.  You are now Initiate Rank 2.  Your fez is in the mail.

Lol.

Damonwad, Since I’m still fresh from the factory if there’s any advice that I can give I’d be happy to provide it.  My one piece of unsolicited advice is “be picky”. Try to find books that have more than just a sexy  cover on it, look for important authors or higher grade or scarcity too. 

Edited by Westy Steve

2 hours ago, Westy Steve said:

Lol.

Damonwad, Since I’m still fresh from the factory if there’s any advice that I can give I’d be happy to provide it.  My one piece of unsolicited advice is “be picky”. Try to find books that have more than just a sexy  cover on it, look for important authors or higher grade or scarcity too. 

If you look at the little shelfie he posted a while back I think you'd agree he's on the right trail (thumbsu

31 minutes ago, frozentundraguy said:

A few more PB's from my recent purchase. Princess of the Atom by Cummings was originally in Argosy All Weekly in 1929, and this 1950 version was the first of the Avon fantasy novels. Also of note is The Big Eye by Max Erlich, with an iconic cover by Earl Bergey.

scan0280.jpg

scan0281.jpg

scan0279.jpg

Nice group!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

25 25