• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
25 25

6,879 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

The D & S-series Ace books have always been one of the most desirable runs, which actually makes them slightly easier to find these days, I think.  They had a better survival rate, I think.  I love them.

I've show these before, but you had to make a comment about them:

D-261.jpg

D-103.jpg

Ace_D-013b.jpg

Ace_D-491a.jpg

Ellison_a_touch_of_infinity.jpg

D-384_1.jpg

Junkie.jpg

D-211.jpg

Boom!

9 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

The D & S-series Ace books have always been one of the most desirable runs

Yup ... so many classic stories and covers, and I personally love the S series. They seem like tiny little bricks next to a double and look amazing when they're sharp.

Looks like RD is making inroads into the "A"s with all those Ace's and Avons lol 

36 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

The D & S-series Ace books have always been one of the most desirable runs, which actually makes them slightly easier to find these days, I think.  They had a better survival rate, I think.  I love them.

Junkie.jpg

Wow!  What an awesome chunk of books you posted, Moonpool Other Eric!!  And even this baby to boot!!  :whatthe:

Edited by Randall Dowling
In erratum

1 minute ago, Randall Dowling said:

Wow!  What an awesome chunk of books you posted, Moonpool!!  And even this baby to boot!!  :whatthe:

Not sure where "Moonpool" came from...

That's a book I'll post at the slightest provocation.  Got it about a year ago and I'm STILL stunned I ever found a copy...

31 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

Not sure where "Moonpool" came from...

That's a book I'll post at the slightest provocation.  Got it about a year ago and I'm STILL stunned I ever found a copy...

28 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

LOL! Corrected.  It is really awesome!  Nice spread!  (worship)

If I wasn’t already using NerV Moonpool would be top 3 on my list...

Think of all those cool avatar possibilities with that name...hm

6A6AA81B-482F-46C1-9EE7-5EED685E4464.gif.dcc5e3264a15308038ec1c98fee0e47b.gif

E18DE75F-BF36-4AF0-867D-F1F430A8E227.gif.cd6cbac34004bb4234e35d35773835a8.gif

1 hour ago, OtherEric said:

D-261.jpg

D-103.jpg

Ace_D-013b.jpg

Ace_D-491a.jpg

Ellison_a_touch_of_infinity.jpg

D-384_1.jpg

Junkie.jpg

D-211.jpg

OMG I have so many copies of the first (and later) printings of that cover of Solar Lottery. It was not one of his strongest stories for sure but I absolutely love that cover. It’s easily a top 10 for me with paperback book covers. Just screams 1950’s science fiction. Great book to get!

26 minutes ago, Surfing Alien said:

My favorite mail call in quite some time. I've been looking for an affordable copy of this top tier JD book for 35 years but the utter lack of availability and hence affordability has always kept it a step ahead of me. Not in top shape but tight, bright, complete and presents well.

20200722_185214.thumb.jpg.d664ed10f29c704d455e64c903a0630d.jpg

Dang!!  Look at that awesome thing!  Sweet pickup, SA!  (worship)