• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
25 25

6,904 posts in this topic

I read this graphic novel over the weekend which I came across in my favorite local used bookstore. It's a nice little treatsie on Lovecraft's life along with snippets of his interactions with his contemporaries. Thought someone here might enjoy getting a copy and reading if you have not seen it yet.

Lovecraft.thumb.jpg.2463a8b49b60b93188d317fa133e576f.jpg

On 3/27/2021 at 6:11 PM, Pat Calhoun said:

once the search led to to an image of the BC I was hooked.

If we ever need to hook you Pat, we'll come armed with vintage bold line drawn images of mythical creatures 🙂 Thanks for the intro to another prolific 19th century author not well known in these and most parts. There's pb editions out there but yours looks like much more fun to read!

16 hours ago, Westy Steve said:

Check this out. 

Pocket Guide to China U.S. Army 1942 CGC 5.5 (White Pages) | eBay

I also saw some comic book-related slabbed pocket books.

The nose of the camel is now under the tent.  Someone should send in a Dell Dimer to see what happens on your next submission.

Steve

Interesting, i've seen a few digest sized mags, mostly pin-up types, slabbed. I looked and that Pocket Guide is not in Overstreet, so not considered comic related in the past. It's funny, there were a few years that the Reform School Girl Digest was listed in Overstreet along with the comic iirc.

On 3/20/2021 at 6:56 PM, Surfing Alien said:

Can't get enough Frazetta! You got me quietly picking them up again when the opportunity is right 👍

Actually the bottom 2 paperback pics have covers painted by Jeff Jones.