• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
24 24

6,538 posts in this topic

D-61B_zpseoa4dqqm.jpg

I've always enjoyed Simak's work. Though I no longer have a copy, I remember Time and Again as a thought provoking work and somewhere I have my Ace copy of City. Thanks for the posting.

a John Carter fast action book 1940, one of the more "in demand" big little books

and rare Hammer film adaption from 1959 the Revenge of Frankenstein from Panther books UK.

Great additions to your collection. It seems every time I run across BLB books they are either titles with lesser appeal, are missing pages, or they are crumbling. Yours is in very nice shape! (thumbs u

D-61B_zpseoa4dqqm.jpg

I've always enjoyed Simak's work. Though I no longer have a copy, I remember Time and Again as a thought provoking work and somewhere I have my Ace copy of City. Thanks for the posting.

Simak is one of my favorite authors, but it has been quite a few years since I have read some of his books, including City. I hope to rectify that in the not too distant future.

A couple of days ago I obtained this Ace double at the LBS. Inside it has an brief note and signature by Poul Anderson. I don't know if it's real or not and would welcome an opinion from someone who knows signatures.

D-479A_zpsh9vykwg9.jpg

D-479I_zpsfnxhedhe.jpg

the first PB appearance of Woolrich's 'Marihuana' was in the 1947 Pop Lib 'Six Times Death', that also features 'The Night Reveals' a harrowing yarn where a detective investigating a series of fires starts to suspect that his wife is the arsonist...

img869.jpg