• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
24 24

6,538 posts in this topic

Just stopping in to see what's up in these corners. I see Hap Hazard is sharing his amazing collection, as usual. Plus I see Robot Man has been posting all sorts of cool stuff, along with Flex Mentallo, Dr. Love, pcalhoun and several others. Good to know you're all still at it.

I've been off the site for a while due to life, but I like to stay involved in the collecting and appreciating game when the opportunity arises. I'll post a few recent acquisitions here in the next message.

A few more items.

The crossword book is one of my favorites, because most of these types of books ended up being written in and then thrown away. So they're a lot more rare than most of the other titles by the same publisher. I also have always wanted to have a copy of the "Triffids" book. I am a sucker for a GGA female rendered in greenish hues.

158452.jpg.df3cbd72c411c0e4afd3a17e06fb7be6.jpg

158453.jpg.6737e2e3c1ace5840025cf4e697d3bb0.jpg

158454.jpg.9e8aa1e4f7ab99ce4422e0d7e8d1bf47.jpg

158455.jpg.a3d59bb9002484b5b60013e1c07e928d.jpg

158456.jpg.f8c5e5ca6fff6102214cf621c02b43c3.jpg

Man, I've got to start looking for the cool "girly" pb's again...

(thumbs u

I would recommend the Bookscans site to aid in the search for PB's. This site covers paperbacks from 44 publishers. The authors of the site have included some comments on the various publishers that are quite interesting. There is also a section on Pulps, both regular size and digest.

Link below: (choose the "Go to the scans" link, to access the paperback and pulp covers.)

http://www.bookscans.com/

img023_zpsuep28cup.jpg

Ground level of my paperback collecting. I found this laying on used book shelf about 25 years ago. I realized that 1 and 2 dollar paperbacks were a lot better collecting habit than comics for a newly married person still in college.