• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
25 25

6,869 posts in this topic

My admittedly brief check had Barton listed as the artist for the flip side, Beyond Earth's Gate -- with Daybreak 2250 as unknown artist. (shrug)

My check, alas, was too brief also. Clicking on Baron's name in the SFDB database revealed he was credited for "Beyond Earths Gates" as Pat mentioned. Given the long list of art credited to Valigursky it's very possible that the 2250 A.D. cover art was done by him, though uncredited.

So an Epsom scanner won't work unless the ink cartridges are filled?!? An HP is now on the way,so I can put up some more sci-fi. I don't want to clutter this thread with any more romance items, but if anyone happens to have any interest in them (esp foreign and esp Heade) and would like some scans, shoot me a pm.

Nice early 'Fantastic', freeform. Woolrich is a fave & I've read the one in there...pretty good. Waited to respond till had below in hand so I could answer that superb Barye Phillips cover with more of the same...this from 1961

im376.jpg

Edited by Pat Calhoun

Birthday presents from the wife

books20003_zpsifg6uqnn.jpg

Nice early 'Fantastic', freeform. Woolrich is a fave & I've read the one in there...pretty good. Waited to respond till had below in hand so I could answer that superb Barye Phillips cover with more of the same...this from 1961

im376.jpg

Killer books, esp the 1952 Fantastic, and the others are terrific! :cloud9:

In case anyone happens to be in the area. I myself have never been as it's on the other side of the country, but it is about the only one there is just for paperbacks.

Scan_zpshlcw2ih6.jpg

I attended the show in 2010, when location was Mission Hills, which is northwest of the current location. The vendors had a great selection of vintage paperbacks.

Gary Lovisi of Gryphon Books used to run the New York Collectible Paperback show on the same weekend as NYCC. Sadly, his extensive rare paperback collection, which was stored in his basement in Brooklyn, was destroyed by Hurricane Sandy in 2012. The last New York show was 2013.

In case anyone happens to be in the area. I myself have never been as it's on the other side of the country, but it is about the only one there is just for paperbacks.

Scan_zpshlcw2ih6.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like it will be a great show. I remember attending one many years ago and seeing some good stuff.

Poul Andersons first novel (1953).

Brainwv_zps621loltj.jpg

Jack Williamson was first published in the December 1928 edition of Amazing with his story "The Metal Men". He continued to write into his 90's, and his last published work "The Stonehenge Gate" came out in 2005.

ACE-G641_zps88um7jol.jpg

Two nice ones

If you live in the LA area the place to be tomorrow

The LA Vintage Paperback show 4/3/16 9-4

Around 80 dealers with with paperbacks, digests, pulps and some comics

I always have fun at this show, Terry will be their selling paperbacks and pulps

It's at the Glendale Civic Center. They have a website if you have any questions.

If you live in the LA area the place to be tomorrow

The LA Vintage Paperback show 4/3/16 9-4

Around 80 dealers with with paperbacks, digests, pulps and some comics

I always have fun at this show, Terry will be their selling paperbacks and pulps

It's at the Glendale Civic Center. They have a website if you have any questions.

I might try to make that, only $5 admission.