• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
25 25

6,864 posts in this topic

If you live in the LA area the place to be tomorrow

The LA Vintage Paperback show 4/3/16 9-4

Around 80 dealers with with paperbacks, digests, pulps and some comics

I always have fun at this show, Terry will be their selling paperbacks and pulps

It's at the Glendale Civic Center. They have a website if you have any questions.

I am sorry I can't go... Can I send you with my wantlist? .... (not really but tempted)

It was okay. Mostly paperbacks as the name would suggest. Not a lot of pulps, and I missed out on a couple of good deals on those as they were scooped up by the guy going through the box ahead of me. I didn't end up buying much, but I was more just checking it out anyway. Plenty of folks had their want lists, and sleazy covers seem to be what folks were looking for.

Not many comics at all, but plenty of vintage girlie mags.

The median age of both the dealers and collectors was probably around 65, so I don't know what the market for all this stuff will be in another 10 years.

I was at the LA Paperback and Pulp Show, I had a good time picked up some pulps and a few books.

It's definitely a paperback show but lots of boxes of fun to go through and yes most of the folks their if they have hair its all grey! I'm 53 and I consider myself one of the young ones at this show.

161589.jpg.6d97fad5d0a45a7562b195a2709689bc.jpg

161590.jpg.5ed9bc1e2971ac8f82678e39e8f6c82e.jpg

161591.jpg.5e97fc6f196e6372a601bc1ecd33f675.jpg

Edited by Hap Hazard

I was at the LA Paperback and Pulp Show, I had a good time picked up some pulps and a few books.

It's definitely a paperback show but lots of boxes of fun to go through and yes most of the folks their if they have hair its all grey! I'm 53 and I consider myself one of the young ones at this show.

Mansion of Evil! Tough to get without paying through the nose. Nice score.