• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
25 25

6,865 posts in this topic

These are real cool. It's very unusual for find these out in the "wild" at flea markets and such. You would think they would turn up but I just never see them at all.

They dont appear to have been collected as avidly as comics, though an OO collection did surface not so long ago in California.

Here are some random examples:

All%20Man%20Sept%201961_zpsb29byt1c.jpg

The ones he had were sold almost a decade ago....... from a Postal worker..... who also had a significant comic collection that later became a pedigree.... Lewis didn't get the comics. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I did get some high grade copies from a collection found in the Napa valley a year or two back.

Apparently, the guy didn't want his wife to know that he collected them, so had built a secret room to house them! It was only uncovered after his death.

Mans%20Conquest%20May%201958_zpsiyshxnji.jpg

Heck, my wife is an antique dealer and buys stuff like that for me whenever she sees it. She's a keeper!