• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
25 25

6,923 posts in this topic

Babe Ruth had a lifetime record of 94-46 and an ERA of 2.2770.
His ERA is 16th best among all major league pitchers.
He allowed only ten homers in 1,221 innings.

Ruth was the AL ERA champion in 1916 for the Red Sox with a 1.75 ERA.
He pitched 29 scoreless innings in the World Series, a World Series record that would
 stand for 42 years. His World Series record was 3-0 with a 0.87 ERA.
Ruth posted 67 career wins by 1917, his last season as a full-time starter,
 at the age of 22.

He posted 23 wins in 1916 and 24 wins in 1917. He would win 27 more games as a part-time pitcher.

Babe Ruth is 11th all time in winning percentage with a .671 winning percentage.
14th all time in hits allowed per nine innings with 7.17 hits allowed per nine innings.
13th all time in fewest homers allowed per nine innings with a 0.0737 mark.

Then he went and hit 714 home runs as a position player lol

Image (194).jpg

So the game right now is the covers of classic SF novels in there original pulp digest appearances?  I can play that one.

While I'm only showing the covers that feature the story, in all of these cases I've got the entire serial.

Let's start with one from Galaxy.  Since we've already seen The Puppet Masters, let's go with one from Asimov instead:

Galaxy_1953_10.jpg

15 hours ago, Surfing Alien said:

Loving the Sci-Fi, Pat Calhoun!!! ... The only thing better than one hi grade Perelandra is two hi grade Perelandra!!! One of my all time favorite Avon Sci Fi covers... or any sci-fi covers at that!!!

Perelandra.jpg

This is one of the very few ones that I have myself. As far as science fiction goes, I have very little american (or original) books, and the rest (not much to be true) in italian. :)
I did not go crazy about certain elements of C.S. Lewis trilogy (which I find confusing in its theology, albeit being a fantastic work), but the PB covers are awesome, expecially this one.