• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-O Manowar Sketch by Chris Moreno

6 posts in this topic

CGC 9.8 SS Signature Goodness!

This is a great sketch I received from artist, Chris Moreno. I wanted an X-O Manowar in flight. It is a cartoonish, but I still love it none the less. It's was sketched and signed on the new Unity #1 Blank Sketch Cover at Long Beach Comic Con back in November. I'm glad it came back an 9.8

More Conventions to attend....more sketches to obtain.

Thanks for looking.

14994.jpg

See more journals by roninduelist

With all the colors, details, and size of the illustration, it is rather amazing it got graded a 9.8.

I've seen so many original sketch colors that its making me wanting to try this.

May I ask, how long does it take for the artist to complete the sketch/illustration?

And does a CGC witness have to sit and observe from beginning to end?

SW3D

SW3D, the process was hassle free. It took about an hour from A to Z. The CGC witness does not have to observe from beginning to end.

You would drop the book off to the artist and come back to check when he is finished. It's important that you tell the artist that you intend to get the book CGC'd. They'll tend to be more careful with the books. Both artists I dealt with were careful with handling the books.

It is very important that the book stays with the artist at all times (***CGC will not certify it with the yellow label if you bring it directly to them; they'll give you the dreaded green label***).

After the artist confirms to you that the book is finished, you would then go to the CGC booth and ask one of the representatives to follow you back to where the artist and the sketched comic is. The artist acknowledges that he did the work and then the CGC rep would take custody of the book.

You and the rep would both go back to the CGC booth where you fill out the required submission forms to go with the book(s), credit card info, return address, ect. The CGC rep takes the books and packages them for shipping. Then the rep gives you a copy of the submission forms, and then the waiting game begins.

At the convention, I submitted 4 books for Modern Fast Track (two Signature Series/Sketches and two Universals). About 4 to 5 weeks later they all arrived at my home. Surprisingly all four came back 9.8s! I was fortunate and happy as hell!

This was the first time I submitted sketched/signed books for grading at a convention. The process was pain free. I highly recommend you give it a shot!

An amazing pick-up. Even though I wasn't able to attend I was able to pick up a Tone Rodriguez from the Con through a facilitator. I have to say everytime I get one I am more and more impressed.

As for time SW3D some can be a lot longer and usually depend on the artist. Some make you stay with them until its completed and some like David Finch, Clayton Crain, and EBAS can take quite some time to sketch and color. Biggest thing if you want to try for one, plan accordingly as some times these can take a minute.