• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

90's varient covers Starting to Skyrocket

92 posts in this topic

Why are the later printings going for so much?

Theres a really nice 5th printing on Ebay going for $90

Which for a comic thats only 21 years old is a crazy amount

Why are the 4th and 5th prints going for so much? In some cases going for more than the 1st print

I can see why this book is going for good money, 1st app of doomsday. But why the later prints?

On most books 2nd & 3rd prints aren't worth near what a 1st print is worth

I know Mcfarlane Spiderman #1has a cover or 2 that people are paying decent money for

What other 90's variant covers are going for more than the 1st print?

Because they're harder to find than the first print.

It's a key that's on the verge of blossoming. The book isn't very hard to find so the money is creating it's own scarcity by gravitating to the printings that are less common.

It's a key that's on the verge of blossoming. The book isn't very hard to find so the money is creating it's own scarcity by gravitating to the printings that are less common.

+100%

+100%

The whole thing is rather silly though. It's a 5th print. Shouldn't be worth anything. However, collectors these days are focusing on any variant, thus creating demand.

Books from this era are a different species when compared to most other eras. Because of an over abundance of collector grade first prints, the thrill of the hunt is gone. Collectors want the hunt so they have migrated to second prints because they are harder to find and much harder to find in high grade. Unlike the variants of the chromium age, these are not manufactured collectables, in fact they are the opposite. These are the throw away copies.

The registry also helps fuel the lust for these books, I think for a lot of these later prints, people didn't have any idea how tough they were until they tried to complete the registry.

Books from this era are a different species when compared to most other eras. Because of an over abundance of collector grade first prints, the thrill of the hunt is gone. Collectors want the hunt so they have migrated to second prints because they are harder to find and much harder to find in high grade. Unlike the variants of the chromium age, these are not manufactured collectables, in fact they are the opposite. These are the throw away copies.

The registry also helps fuel the lust for these books, I think for a lot of these later prints, people didn't have any idea how tough they were until they tried to complete the registry.

Which makes copper books the most funnest of all! :acclaim:

+1

+1

That, plus the fact you can pull $100-$400 books out of dollar boxes still. Shh...don't tell anyone. :gossip:

Which mcfarlane spiderman #1 cover is the money cover?

I know one is worth a lot more than the other 12

You have to start a separate thread for that answer. It's a forum rule.

:rulez:

:baiting:

I'd say Platinum easily stands out from the pack.

Which mcfarlane spiderman #1 cover is the money cover?

I know one is worth a lot more than the other 12

You have to start a separate thread for that answer. It's a forum rule.

:rulez:

:baiting:

I'd say Platinum easily stands out from the pack.

All these RULES doh!

Thats why I changed it to include all 90's variant covers :banana: Talking about more than one is always more fun :P

I think the platinum is the one going for the most on ebay. Some people have SS going for 800+. I wish I had kept all the 90's comics I had. Seems like when I start looking for the books I used to own the prices start to skyrocket :pullhair:

That Japanese Spider-Man # 1 is awesome!

I thought I was cool for having a Japanese Spawn # 1 (still sealed), but dang...

You need to check with Define999 and Lobtrosity...

They have the largest Spawn collections and foreign variants....

Very cool ultra rare stuff if you are a Spawn fan....

this is his site.......

http://www.spawnworld.com/

That Japanese Spider-Man # 1 is awesome!

I thought I was cool for having a Japanese Spawn # 1 (still sealed), but dang...

Some more Spiderman #1s......

I got a Poland Edition but no pics just yet i need to dig it out and reshoot my entire set......

C360_2013-05-05-16-56-23_org_zpse0cb27d9.jpg

C360_2013-05-05-16-56-08_org_zps67f2c5d6.jpg

C360_2013-05-05-16-55-21_zps1824b83c.jpg

C360_2013-05-05-16-55-05_org_zps447d61e8.jpg